[CLOSED] Plugin icon.. any ideas?

Hey Developers and Designers !
I am creating a plugin to make coding in Roblox easier . It is called Sratchify Blocks, old name: scratch visual editor (SVSE)
I am thinking about a new icon for it…
here are my ideas:

SVSE old version

idea 1

idead 2

which one should I use? Do you have any better ideas? suggestions ?

• Old version
  • idea 1
  • idea 2
  • i have an other idea (reply bellow)

0 voters

Thank you !

2 Likes

The idea 1# seems to be good while fitting properly with the style of the plugin

3 Likes

Okay i got it ! Thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes

I think “idea 1” looks great if you removed the “blue pixel mess” (could probably be fixed using layer masks in GIMP):

But I’d advise to be cautious using Scratch’s logo. That could get you into some copyright issues.

Try it. I have no idea if it’d work, though.

2 Likes

Hey @GibusWielder ! thanks for your help! I didn’t notice the blue pixel mess , I’ll remove it, thank you. For the scratch logo, do you think I can contact scratch and ask them if I can use it?

2 Likes

here it is!

2 Likes

If your plugin is node-based and has ui element connector pieces, idea 2 would be a great way to display what your plugin does. In my opinion, the logo in idea 1 is a bit too small to be able to tell what your plugin is meant to do. Remember, your icon is going to be displayed pretty small.

As @GibusWielder already mentioned, you probably shouldn’t use Scratches logo. Not only for copyright reasons, but also to make your plugin seem more original, like it has it’s own personality. Still though, definently avoid copyright.

In the Scratch Terms of Service, the following is stated:

5.4 The Scratch name, Scratch logo, Scratch Day logo, Scratch Cat, and Gobo are Trademarks owned by the Scratch Team.

2 Likes

hey @MegabyteOfficial, thank you for the answer ! if think you are right, If I improve the seconde logo a little bit I would be great, and more original. I asked the scratch team about if they allow me using the logo, hoping that they will answer me… we will see ! I reopened the poll to see other people votes because I closed it a little bit to early, I wanted to have a final logo :sweat_smile: .

thank you once again for your help !

1 Like

The poll is now closed

Thank you

:slight_smile:

Changed Name and icon due to copyright laws !

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.