[CLOSED] Reduction of Lag

Hello! I’m currently having issues removing lag from a game. Personally, I don’t think the game is laggy at all. I’ve done all that I can to remove lag. I asked about 20 people in game if they thought it was laggy and they all said it wasn’t, however the owner of this game that I’m working for says that the place memory is too high so it will be laggy, so I need to lower the place memory, can’t figure out how to. I don’t really think it’s necessary because I don’t have any lag, but they say otherwise.

Parts: 16,405
Mesh Parts: 2,327
Unions: 575
Total: 19,307

As you can see in this image, the only high category is GraphicsTexture

Here’s the game: Hell's Vibe 🔥 - Roblox

In my opinion, the game isn’t laggy at all so I really don’t know what to do. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

2 Likes

How large is your game? Based on the numbers you gave, it sounds like a very large world. It might help to use StreamingEnabled. It’s easy to activate and has huge lag-saving potential if implemented correctly.

The more important statistic is usually Client Memory, which you can check at the top of the menu. Try and keep it under 450 or so, as requiring too much memory can cause some lag.

If you’ve done both of those things, you can be rather confident that your place is as low-lag as it’ll ever be. Best of luck!

3 Likes

Hi there! I had a same issue with my game so I thought I’d share to you what I did to fix the lag.

1. Code can make your game lag, from what people have told me loops can cause major lag if there’s a lot of them.
  2. Try your best to remove double bricks if possible. Double bricks are easy to miss and can cause a lot of issues if you have a lot of them.
  3. Best thing you could do is recreate your models in another 3D software, like Blender, and make sure the triangle count is low.
2 Likes

I’ve already used Streaming Enabled, but the issue is they don’t want me to use it because the UI breaks when I enable it. The scripter has these invisible bricks all around the map ( which makes no sense I don’t know why ) but it’s all scripting for the UI and when streamingenabled is on, they don’t load, the UI breaks. I really want to have it on because it makes a noticeable difference but they wont let me. I feel like there’s nothing else that can be done.

1 Like

No issues with double bricks, shouldn’t be any issues with the models, the game has no high detail models, it’s all very simple. Don’t think there’s issue with code. Only thing is that the GraphicsTexture count is high.

1 Like

This means your coder hasn’t created fault-tolerant scripts. It should be fairly easy for them to refactor them to work even if not initially loaded by the client.

If they absolutely need the parts to be loaded by the client on launch, tell them this:

1. Place the parts that the client must load into ReplicatedFirst.
  2. Create a LocalScript in the starter player that clones the parts in ReplicatedStorage to Workspace.
  3. The parts will now always be loaded locally. They will not exist on the server, however.
2 Likes

I’ll tell them to - the Streaming Enabled really helps. Thank you for letting me know. Aside from that is there anything I can do to lower the GraphicsTexture category?

1 Like

If you’re using a lot of high-definitely Textures you’ll encounter this issue. It may (regrettably) help to use lower-quality Textures to reduce lag. However, if you and 20 players agree lag is not an issue, it’s probably best not to sacrifice looks for run speed just yet.

1 Like

Thank you for your help sir! :star_struck:

1 Like