[CLOSED] ThomasMGardiner - Scripter Portfolio

About Me

Hi there! My name’s Tom and I’m a Computer Science student at the University of Bath in the United Kingdom. I love programming, problem solving and delivering a professional experience to players who use my products in games.

I started on Roblox when I was 10 years old in 2011, putting together small free-modelled games for me and my friends to play. Expanding into Roblox’s legacy building system of cube blocks, I started a few groups to emulate popular games at the time such as Assassin’s Creed and Pokemon communities.

I started scripting in 2014, creating a few simple tycoon games that made the front page for a few weeks (here). Since then I worked exclusively on group development developing for some of the top groups on Roblox at the time including the largest United Kingdom roleplay group (here) and the current largest British Army roleplay group (here).

In 2020, I became the Head Developer for an 80,000 member British Army roleplay group which can you find a link to below. This position has given me great responsibility outside of my own company, as the experiences of literally thousands of players was dictated by my development decisions giving me great experience working under high workloads and pressure.

I am currently working as a freelance programmer for all sorts of people on Roblox. If you would like to get in touch for me to work on your project, please message me here on the DevForum or on Discord @Tom#2621.

Current Projects

I am currently in the processing of taking the lead on two games.

The first game is a simple tank game (see a demo here) which is surprisingly fun!

The second game is group effort by my own games studio (see more below) which is a simple point-and-click horror game.

I am also working a few commissions such as UFO Simulator, the British Army and The Vietnam Army.

I am currently looking for more business so feel free to contact me if you’d like me to help out in your project! If you contact me, please keep in mind I have other on-going projects :slight_smile:

My Work

I like to create some of the highest quality mechanics on Roblox, taking basic concepts and making them more refined and modern as the technology of Roblox advances.

You can see my tutorial on how to make a better Group Only Door using physics here.

I also like to make games look more professional and well made, you can see a video on a title screen here that makes the game look more refined and unique.

I have recently started my outreach into bots as well (no, not the bots that spam group members). I am creating bots like moderation bots and automatic group ranking bots!

More past work

My Company

In August 2020, I started up my own game development company called Tom’s Games (see our website here) which consists of 6 of the highest quality developers from around the world including Latvia, Sweden, the United Kingdom and the United States.

We are looking to expand our company after the release of our first game, with the end goal to be a proper studio with many developers creating the highest quality games on the Roblox platform.

If you wish to be a part of the company, see our Apply page.

Availability

I currently have a real life job that I work each week:

• 10am - 4pm Tuesday - Thursday

I also have various social events I go to in real life also, so times in the afternoon (rarely the evening) will differ week by week. If you hire me, I will be sure to keep you updated.

I try not to work on the weekends due to my commitments to my girlfriend, but if I am available I will be sure to work any commissions I have.

Payment

I accept payment from both PayPal and Robux. If I am working on a project for a Roblox group, there is also a chance that I would ask for a percentage revenue from the game.

When paying a lump sum, I will expect to receive 50% of the payment upon 50% of the work complete (in accordance to my QA protocol below). The rest of the 50% will be paid upon completion of your work.

When paying a group percentage, I will expect to be placed onto the Group Payouts 50% of the way through the project.

Due to the nature of the scripting field, it is not possible for me to give you an exact price right now. I can give you a quote for my work in DMs. However below you can find some examples of how much I would charge from previous work:

Price examples
  • Team Only Doors + Gamepass Management + Data Management + Mobile Compatible : 15,000R$.
  • Automatic ranking bot : 5,000R$
  • Full game (such as UFO Simulator) : 100,000R$

Anti-Scam and Quality Assurance Protocol

By agreeing a commission with me, you will be signing onto my Qualitiy Assurance Protocol which is designed to make sure you get the best service for your buck. This protocol involves:

• You will be kept up to date will all my progress on your project.
  • You will be sent a video proof of any work to make sure it does exactly what you want it to do before it is sent over.
  • You will hold Intellectual Property of any assets that are bought.
  • You will be kept reliably informed at all times of why I am / am not working on your project on a given day. This will usually involve prioritising other people’s projects over yours to meet a deadline for example.
  • I will try my absolute best in every situation to meet any deadline you put on a task, and you will be informed well in advance if I believe this deadline cannot be met. If a deadline is fast approaching, it will become my top priority.

Contact Me!

So! You want to work with me, that’s great! I’m honoured.

Please get in contact with my via the following methods:
Discord - @Tom#2621
DevForum - @ThomasMGardiner
Twitter - tmackintosh3

Please do not send me requests via standard Roblox messages, I will not reply to them.
Please keep in mind I have other projects on the go so cannot dedicate 100% of my time to you; but essentially the more you pay the more time I will dedicate to your project.

I hope you consider me for your projects,
Thanks and have a lovely day :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hello,

Are you accepting long term projects?

1 Like

Added, please accept my friend request.

1 Like

Extremely well-organized work! His service was very professional, and quickly resolved any concerns! Would absolutely vouch for his services :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, I have added you on Discord, My user is ᴍ1ʟᴋ#1111 :3

Honestly, the best scripter I’ve worked with, Tom was professional, kept me up to date and communicated well. I’d recommend Tom to anyone who requires a scripter.

1 Like

Are you accepting Robux for small projects or not at all?
I would love to hire you but I only have robux :roll_eyes:
Thanks anyway.

Sent you friend request on dizzy, I’m interested in hiring you!

Re-opened for work as I’ve completed a couple of projects! Please feel free to get in touch :slight_smile: