[CLOSED] Times Square (NY) 1939 recreation (Showcase // Hangout)

Ahoy there! I am trying new things such as building and making games. So this is a very early development of recreation of Times Square (NY) in 1939 I’m working on for my group: Retroville™. I’d appreciate some feedback. I know there’s still a lot of stuff to add.
UPDATE: Animated Lights
here’s a picture of the original

times square 1938

You can see how far I’ve come, in this game:

https://www.roblox.com/games/6515503265/Times-Square-NY-1939-TESTING-WORK-IN-PROGRESS

I added some stuff just to fill up a little space or if I don’t know what originally was there. Models like the cars, aren’t made by me.

Thanks for reading :+1:

13 Likes

Looking good, I’m hyped to see the finished result! :grin: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good and yes I am a New Yorker so this looks like it but back in the day in the 19030s like lol very very nice.

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry. It will only take approximately 9 years, 364 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes :laughing:

Jokes aside, it will actually take some time as I’m not that good at making things fast

I think think definitely has potential, as i am a New Yorker however not necessarily from the city its cool to see other people making any part of the city regardless. :+1:

2 Likes

is it just me or are the buildings a bit stretched horizontally?

1 Like

Ah, yes!

I am from NYC too, I can agree this looks wonderful, and just how my grandpa described NYC in the 30s’. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Planters peanuts! Nice lol. XDDDDDDDDD

1 Like

Rest in peace, mr peanut. :persevere: :raised_hand:. This build looks sick!

1 Like

Don’t worry. It’s just the reference picture
If you want to see the game, you need to play it. I had a few problems with uploading videos and images.