[CLOSED] Training Card PvP - Looking for Developers

How do u know that this game has potential?

It’s definitely not the first of its kind, however there aren’t much of its kind out there on Roblox. Training card games have proven to be both attention-grabbing and fun (see Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh). With its uniqueness and its many areas to both entertain and make revenue, I see that this game has a lot of potential.

Also see the success of Blox Cards, which had a large fanbase and made a lot of revenue from the monetization that the developers were able to insert.

Do you mean Trading Card Games?

3 Likes

You mention that 50% of the revenue will be going to the developers, leaving 50% going to you I assume. But at the same time you’re hiring 2 scripters and a UI designer, what exactly are you doing for the project worth 50%? Usually scripters get >50% alone.

3 Likes

As LowPolys mentioned. The 50% are interesting.
Where goes the other 50%?

It’s obvious, he’s the owner, the most important role in the entire project and especially to the development process.

1 Like

True, that Owner is main heart of the Project.
But scripters and artists will make the idea real.
You’re right, but owner could get something around 10-15% or less.

I was ironic, if you ask me if the so called “owner” only has the idea, then he or her should get less then 8%. The owner needs to ask himself “why wouldn’t the other devs just make their own game without me? What do I bring to the table?”

1 Like

I plan on only taking 25% (and maybe less) from the project for myself. The rest will go towards advertisement and marketing. That’s a good question that I probably should’ve put the answer to in the post.

25% is still a massive cut for doing nothing other than having the idea, you might want to lower that to atleast 10%.

I’m doing all of the building in the game, so it’s not like I’m not doing any work. I may lower my percent so that the developers get most of it.

These are things that are missing in the original post.
Try to be more informative with percentages and stuff.

I understand what you’re saying.

1 Like

With Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon card games, they’re based off of real card games meaning a decent amount of people will understand how to play them. Most card games must require an amount of speed, and major strategy (like Yu-Gi-Oh).

Your only option to make a card game on Roblox with a large fan base is making the game more on luck than strategy, and a tutorial. Making a complex game won’t get you too successful.

And Yu-Gi-Oh games have about 100 concurrent players only. Your game should showcase a tutorial and should be easy.

A “unique” game that’s the “first of it’s kind” is not guaranteed success, nor does it necessarily have potential. Definitely something that should be researched.

Read my article:
Article

I understand that. I never said it was going to be a guaranteed success, nor did I say it was the first of its kind, stated here:

But I do understand what you’re trying to say and I’ll take the information stated into mind.

I am late to this. But i dont mean to sound like a downer. But typically blox cards now only hits really a max of 20-30 people a day. sometimes even less. Unless your game is super good and has tons of features blox cards did not have. I doubt it will get that succesful.

I know, but it had a really high peak, which was when I started playing it. I had a lot of fun playing it, and I figured making a card game would be fun for others.

1 Like

Well I do not script. But heres some ideas I can give you if you do make your own.

1st. make the card art look modern. and do not make cards look differently. such as some being full art cards and some being regular. Keep everything nice and modern

2nd. Release packs monthly. Personally I think this would be great. Or release packs every 2 months. It would give players reasons to come back.
3rd. allow r15.

4th. Daily card shop. People seem to like the idea of daily item shops in roblox. so why not a daily card shop? everyday new cards will rotate in. 1 being legendary. 1 being rare. 2 being uncommon and 3 being common.

these are all the ideas i can supply you with. but good luck on your game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.