[Closed] Wicked Waves Feedback

This game is great! The testing game worked smoothly and I honestly only have a few recommendations.

1. I think It would be helpful to add the “Features/How to play” section of your devforum post into the game or the game’s description to help new players understand what to do.

2. Make the game more interactive overall, like adding a small tutorial at the beginning or instead of having items be automatically sold, add more lobby time and have the player go to a specific spot to sell their goods, etc… Anything to make the player more engaged will help a lot.

You’re doing great and I think this game will do well! Keep it up!

Actually, you do have to sell items in the lobby by yourself. Anyways thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I actually have multiple live events planned for the future along with a possible update schedule and what kind of updates I should be releasing.

1 Like

The UI is amazing, but the gameplay needs some work. Walking around collecting coins isn’t much fun and I noticed something odd when I entered the office map:

(NOTE: The round was just starting so the stairs didn’t break because of the disaster)

1 Like

Hey, I’m guessing by coins you mean collecting the items to sell. Also, I’ll fix the stairs. And could you give more detail on what you mean by the gameplay needs work? I’ll change or add anything.

I only played the game for about 5 minutes and felt there should be more action. For example you could add falling objects and other things that damage the player early on in the round.
The falling objects could be anything you would have in a house.

Hey, I don’t full understand what you mean by falling parts but I get the point. I’m working on more engaging features while the tsunami is active. Thanks for your feedback!

(By the way you got the most undone and worst map, I’m going to finish that map)

So I have realized that there is no style for the buildings or models. For example, there are these really realistic chairs, and then there are the computers that remind me of old roblox modeling (no offense). there is also the random low poly style chest in the lobby and I haven’t seen anything else low poly. So i would recommend trying to get one certain style then redo most of the models with that style. Also i do realize that you are not done with the maps yet, and you might already have this in mind.

But overall I think its pretty fun, maybe make it a bit harder(because it is kinda easy to get away from the tsunami)

Hey, I’ve actually noticed the odd-building style difference which is a really bad habit I have while building. I’d like to keep the low poly theme so I’m going to redo lots of parts of maps. Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Btw. Quick tip, use this

Cool game and great concept. I can see myself returning to play your game again.

Do you have a video of the tsunami wave in-action :yum::yum:

Not currently, I’m going to be working on a teaser trailer, release trailer, and thumbnails soon though. I’m actually working on redoing part of tsunamis right now so probably won’t start making the videos for a bit.

Thanks! Glad you liked it, I’m working on an update for today

2 Likes

I’ve been messing around with this I’m going to work on implementing it soon. Thank you!

Sorry for the late response

Hey!

New update:
Loading tsunamis now uses a part pool
Fixed rain issues
Some UI changes
New Map
Bug fixes

1 Like

Update is out!
This includes:

• Improved lighting
  • dangerous lightning
  • less memory usage
  • faster load time
  • (little) improved performance
  • tools are half-in game
  • data loads in a more efficient way
  • fixed maps
  • changed or added ui
  • changed or added sound
  • more anti-cheat
  • more balanced gameplay
  • many bug fixes
  • fixed spectate (hopefully)
  • added more ui animations for smoother gameplay

and more!
I have done little testing so be sure to let me know any bugs you find.
Data was reset.

1 Like

The game wasn’t working properly when I was playing it like in the lobby when the map was loading I got teleported to the map and then I tried to move but it kept taking me back to where I had originally spawned. Then when I went ahead the tsunami came immediately like I know it takes a while for the tsunami to come when the players are in the game area but it came suddenly.
IDK if it was a problem in my PC or a problem in general.
I love the game in general and I wanna say I really like all the animations in it :slight_smile:

I have found the solution to being teleported back to the lobby and I’m currently working to fix it.

About the round starting sooner (I think this is what you are saying), I have fixed a bug for the next update similar to what you’re describing. This should all hopefully be fixed in the next update. If you (or anyone reading this) experiences something like this after the next update please let me know

Thank you!

Great thank you so very extremely much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: