[CLOSED] Zatara | Programmer & Web Developer

About Me

Hello! My name is Zatara and I have been scripting judiciously on Roblox since 2018. I currently live in the Bay Area and I am 18 years old. I have decided to open commissions on the DevForum because I want to move past personal projects and commit to professional work for others.

I have dabbled in many genres, and I am confident that if you have something you need done, I will be able to do it, or learn how to do it quickly for you. Programming is an ever-changing and dynamic experience, and there are always new things to learn every day. Who knows, perhaps your project will teach me something new next?

Some of my skills include Lua, Python, along with basic HTML/CSS & JavaScript. I primarily use Python in Roblox-related matters to perform tasks such as facilitating external point systems, external logging and auditing, and establishing modules that allow group games to allow authorized members to change ranks from in-game. I am capable of doing basic front-end work for a website (Bootstrap, Ajax, etc.), but this is not the focus of my work.

Prior work

NOTE: Any models/textures seen in my showcases were NOT made by me unless otherwise noted; I simply found them in the toolbox. Please do not request that I build/model/draw anything for your games. Animations you see have been made by me but they are not open for commissions as I am still practicing.

Glazin

Group

• Scripted most recent quiz center along with designing the UI;
  • Provided an in-game quiz form for the cafe;
  • Integrated cool down times across the quiz form and quiz center via a MySQL database;
  • Revamped point system and UIs for trainings from scratch;
  • Integrated promotion commands into Basic Admin Essentials and allowed streamlined promotions from in-game;
  • Wrote a bot that periodically checks Pending rank and promotes non-blacklisted customers to Customer automatically (eliminated the need for tedious manual checking), essentially implementing a group-ban system that prevents someone from participating in a group without having to give admins exile permissions;
  • Wrote more bot methods that allows a staff member on Discord to alert all Customers present in the cafe that a session is about to begin, and prompt them to teleport;
  • Designed a support-request system for the cafe with a server-wide cool-down;
The Bestest Obby

(Title is ironic)
Game

This is a game I decided to make to become more experienced with CollectionService and ProfileService. I was more concerned with challenging myself with scalability and not so much the actual obby itself. I complied with “once and done” and designed the collection in a way that allows me to add as many stages and kill blocks as I would like without having to write extra code. Stages built by me.

No longer maintained

Juices

Juices is a smoothie/delicacy cafe group that I no longer own. While I owned it, I scripted:

• Food/cooking steps;
  • Point system externally hosted in a MongoDB for use across all the games;
  • Automatic promotions based on point value;
  • Gamepasses & modular MarketplaceService methods

No longer maintained (not mine anymore)

Miscellaneous
Something I really like to do if I have the time is develop power kits. I don’t really use them in games; I just think of something cool that I might’ve remembered or seen on TV and try to see if I can make it on Roblox. These side projects have taught me how to use raycasting and some CFrame math.

Pyromancy

Astral Magic

Never got around to making animations for these lol

Sorry for choppy videos, my MacBook doesn’t screen record well.

Availability

I am available 7 days a week for any kind of project. If you are not sure, it doesn’t hurt to ask!

Payment

I accept Robux, along with USD via PayPal (F&F), Cashapp, Zelle, or Venmo. At the moment, as I am relatively new in the professional scene, I do not expect any payment upfront. Once you have seen your product, you can pay as previously discussed. Prices are negotiable depending on your budget, but I will not accept extremely low-ball offers.

Contact

Discord: Zatara#0001 (fastest response time)
Twitter: @Zatara_RBLX
You may also contact me here on the DevForum.

My timezone is PST. Please expect responses accordingly. I am currently accepting commissions.

Thank you for reading!

4 Likes

I highly recommend you to hire Zatara to your project. His knowledge about programming is widened and wonderful. Zatara’s workflow is clean and organized properly.

Sincerely Dev_Cron.

1 Like

Zatara is a very hardworking developer and knows what it takes to get the job done. Very organized and committed to whatever has been assigned. Highly recommend!

1 Like