Clothing Creators; How do you combat clothing theft? And is it possible to take action against thieves?

I’m not too sure which category to drop this in but I feel like this one is most relevant to the topic.

I’ve been creating clothing on ROBLOX since 2010, and for others who have been making clothing for a way shorter time can even acknowledge that there is a HUGE theft problem on ROBLOX regarding clothing.

In short, I developed for a game and included in that, I had created uniforms for the game with a buddy of mine, we created the clothing assets ourselves and worked very hard on them.
Fast forward to today there is now a game, which is in essence an entire clone of the aforementioned game that I had developed, but on-top of that… they stole our uniforms and just recolored them purple.

We get no credit for it, not even a mention in the description, we get zero robux, zero recognition, etc etc etc. Is there anything that I could feasibly do to take action? I’ve contacted the player and they’ve been stubborn about giving credit and perhaps even some ROBUX from it even though their game is reasonably profitable.

Have any of you guys experienced anything similar? If so, how did you resolve the issue?

2 Likes

I am not a clothing designer, but any work of mine I usually always put a watermark on it to make it so nobody can steal my work without having complications removing the watermark. Next time just put some watermarks on the clothing that do not take up much space of the clothing, but something of what groups such as Hydro Clothing does, put watermarks on the sides of the clothing that match with the name of the group. However if you do not put a watermark on the clothing in which gets stolen, I am sure you can get it taken down.

There is also a tutorial on the devforum for cases like these that solves how you can get the stolen work taken down

3 Likes

Again, I’m not a clothing designer, but, I’ve seen clothes made by the group: Moda Unica? And they put a watermark on every one of their works, hope this helps

1 Like