Clothing Market Business Model: Feedback Please!

Hello fellow developers. I have this business model that I would like to seek feedback on, based on how realistic and reasonable it is.

Essentially, I want to create a clothing market, similar to a mall. It will work more or less like a freelance market. People will submit their clothing designs to us—if we accept it, we will sell it under our group, advertise it, and do the rest. The designers and us will share equity for sales.

I think this will be a good way for designers who either don’t have premium or the amount of Robux to start a clothing shop themselves. I was considering different was to take profit: should I take royalty, rent slots (they pay for slots), or both? What are some of your suggestions? How reasonable or realistic is this?

Depends on your group size. If you got a 200K members group, you can probably cooperate with a top tier clothing/UGC designer. He gets 70% of all sales, you get 30%. Don’t make a platform for 100 different creators, first of all, you’ll have to spend hours calculating who made how much.
If you seriously wants to make a platform for everyone, I suggest a clothing mall, someone can claim their store, customize it like in Horrific Housing and show their shirts in their shops.
PS: 10 Robux a shirt is seriously cheap, you can make 10 shirts with 1 dollar, I don’t see why anyone can’t afford it.

If you continue without any modifications, it’s not gonna work.

A clothing mall would require a game—is it possible to instead use the Roblox website?

1 Like

How big is your group? I think most people prefers shopping in a mall than on a group page.

Groups under 3000 members are seriously useless. Nobody needs your platform if it’s small. You’ll probably have to spend a few thousand robux advertising first.

Not always the case here, DataStoreService can be used to store number of sales per clothing item, then having that data be attached to the seller.

No… That’s even worse. If you got 100 creators with averagely 10 creations each, you’ll need to calculate 1000 numbers every time you pay your community.

I can always hire someone to do the tedious work of organizing payment, but I just want to know if the model works. Because there are designers out there that don’t have Robux and therefore cannot sell clothing.

this already exists lol!! there are plenty of designers who work for groups that aren’t their own. what makes this any different??