Cloud instance warning dosen't work properly

PC Info: Windows 10, 22H2
Date First Experienced: ~1/7/2023
Date Last Experienced: 23/10/2023

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open Roblox Studio and insert any Clouds instance inside ServerStorage
  2. Play the game
  3. The cloud parent warning will pop up.

If you insert more than one Clouds instance in workspace, this warning will appear.

However, this warning doesn’t properly work. If you have one Clouds instance in workspace, and have others in ServerStorage, the warning will still appear when you playtest and first load up Studio.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

5 Likes

Waiting for that follow up, the issue is still occurring as of today. Very annoying as multiple maps put in ServerStorage have cloud instances due to their varied lighting.

1 Like

Still happening

1 Like

It’s been a while, no updates? This is starting to getting annoying

AFAIK you should either be keeping them in Terrain or ServerStorage. Does the issue still occur if you parent it under Terrain instead of ServerStorage?

1 Like

Figured out what could be the source for some people as it’s the issue with my case.

When I load maps out of ServerStorage, the whole map gets put into Workspace, this causes the scripts of the map to run, which then reparent the clouds to Terrain. This means that for a brief moment the clouds ARE under Workspace.

REGARDLESS, I think it’s highly unnecessary we need a warning for this feature. We don’t get a warning for putting a lighting effect in terrain or workspace, why should clouds need a warning???

I think it’s because only one Cloud instance can be active at once, so it can be a little confusing if you change some cloud settings and nothing visually changes.

But it would probably do it’s job better if it was a popup that appeared when a Cloud is placed through the Explorer, since not everyone has the Output open.

1 Like

Still happening, except that one of the warnings is gone.
One more issue left, and it’s this one. Please fix!

1 Like

Agreed, its also not like putting that into the output of a live server is going to change anything either. At the very least it could just be a studio-only warning in the output.

OK circling back to this, I still get warnings for clouds in ServerStorage apparently. Awesome!!