Cloud Syncing: Enable/disable syncing for shortcuts, toolbar buttons, and installed plugins

In 2019, our installed plugins were saved in the cloud. Last month, I noticed that when resetting my PC and reinstalling Studio, my hotkey shortcuts and quick access toolbar buttons didn’t carry over. Because there was no syncing option and no ability to import/export shortcut data, I had to manually add in the several shortcuts I had setup before.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to setup all of our previous shortcuts and buttons in the quick access toolbar from memory whenever we use Studio on a different computer or account.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would be much easier and reliable to know that you will keep your Studio hotkey and toolbar information on all devices, unifying Studio even more.

The ability to disable/enable syncing (like how Google Chrome works with passwords and bookmarks) separately for your installed plugins, toolbar buttons, and hotkeys (Customize Shortcuts) would greatly improve the workflow across multiple devices.

11 Likes

This is a post I was just about to make! It would be so awesome to have the custom toolbars in the upper left hand corner sync across my devices.

Currently, I have a photo of my toolbar Studio setup and everytime I get a new device or use a temporary one, I have to sit there and reorganize it. Additionally, if I make an edit on one device, I have to go to my others and make the change there as well, which is very unefficient.

Adding cloud syncing to toolbar buttons (especially) and plugins would be of great benefit to all developers who live on Studio 24/7 :smile:

5 Likes