Cmdr: A fully extensible and type safe command console for Roblox Developers

Blocks and bans are not issued without good reason, this includes your own case.

Genuine security reports are something we take seriously and can understand if the extremely small number of users who are blocked on both Discord and GitHub feel it necessary to use other platforms (such as Roblox private messaging or DevForum messages) to get our attention, that’s fine.

However we cannot and will not accept quality issues (such as feature requests, bug reports, support requests, or other feedback) from users that we’ve blocked. I’m sure you can appreciate why this is the case.

5 Likes

I totally understand that, I’m more confused on one of my ban reasons and everytime I try to talk to people about one of my ban reasons, I get stone-walled and nobody has a good enough explanation to back their side up.

Maybe I can talk to you about it, in Devforum’s private messaging?

1 Like

I cannot seem to add permissions to my cmdr. Where do I put the permissions?

1 Like

Permissions aren’t built into Cmdr and you will have to make the system yourself.

1 Like

Adding onto what @SpaceDice999 said, you would need to program your own permission system with hooks, specifically a BeforeRun hook.

1 Like
return function(registry)
	registry:RegisterHook("BeforeRun", function(context)
		if context.Group == "DefaultAdmin" and context.Executor.UserId == game.CreatorId then
			return "You don't have permission to run this command"
		end
		if context.Group == "DefaultAdmin" and not (context.Executor:GetRankInGroup(8423759) == 14) then
		end
		registry:RegisterHook("AfterRun", function(context)
			print(context.Response)
			return "Successfully ran that command."
		end)
	end)
end
1 Like

You should not be registering a hook within another hook. Also, your hook does not permit the game’s owner (if it is a user rather than a group) to run any commands.

1 Like

How would I be able to fix this?

1 Like

I recommend deleting the AfterRun hook if you will not be using it.

1 Like
return function(registry)
	registry:RegisterHook("BeforeRun", function(context)
		if context.Group == "DefaultAdmin" and context.Executor.UserId == game.CreatorId then
		end
		if context.Group == "DefaultAdmin" and not (context.Executor:GetRankInGroup(8423759) == 14) then
		end
	end)
end

What do I do now?

1 Like

use and enjoy cmdr maybe? (if it works sure)

1 Like

How would I go about making a announcment command using the new TextChatService?

I suppose the nil value is supposed to be a player but how do I do that?

1 Like

That error appears to be an error coming from one of your scripts dealing with TextChatService.

1 Like

Yeah realised that some hours earlier. Exhaustion is real.I fixed that.
I have a question though:
Does Cmdr have a list of groups? can I configure them? add some?

1 Like

How would I allow certain players to use commands?

1 Like

Use a BeforeRun hook to limit the command

1 Like

i must be the most confused person ever in here because i literally dont know how to get the commands working, i got an error

ReplicatedStorage.CmdR_Main.Cmdr.Shared.Registry:147: attempt to call a Instance value

Hello, How do i bind cmdr to mobile?

can you send file for it please??

Will Cmdr ever have support for mobile?