Cmdr: A fully extensible and type safe command console for Roblox Developers

The RoStrap Roblox Studio plugin does not work. It is stuck on the loading screen and will not work for anyone. (If you look on the comments of the plugin you will see)

2 Likes

Hello, we recommend using Method 2 to install Cmdr if RoStrap is stuck on loading.

3 Likes

The instructions were a little too complicated for me since I hardly know anything about scripting. I tried using method 2 but did not understand it.

2 Likes

Hey evaera, is there a way for the tab shortcut within autocomplete to move the cursor to the end of the argument? It tends to be tedious to manually move the cursor position with the arrow keys every time I want to use the autocomplete feature.

2 Likes

This behavior is a bug. See this for information: TextBox Cursor Position when Text Changed Behavior has Changed

2 Likes

This seems great, but no matter what I do, even after instaliing, and un-installing Ro-Strap a few times, when I open it up, it never leaves the loading page, even after leaving it on for 20 mins with great wifi and internet connection.

2 Likes

The RoStrap plugin is currently broken, and it seems like the author of the plugin isn’t going to fix it any time soon. I recommend using one of the other installation methods. I’m going to remove it from the docs soon.

7 Likes

I inserted the script in the game and nothing works?

Do i need to add my id to the script

Because it seem not to work

1 Like

Did you follow the guide all the way through?

1 Like

No I thought the download button and insert to studio would just work I didn’t know you had to follow the tutorial.

Still bruh

1 Like

Yes, you have to follow the guide, importing the rbxm file is the first step.

I tried following the guide and it doesn’t give any info at all.

I just says require server to client and other info i mean how do i require stuff?

to be honest i would thought it would already be built in.

1 Like

for the server part, add a script into serverscriptservice and put the code into that one.
for the client, add a localscript into starterplayerscripts and put the code into that one also

1 Like

This is not something like Adonis or HDAdmin, not much is “built in” it’s up to you, the end user, to add features you need. The post above mine may provide help on how to require it.

1 Like

not sure as why you would want it to be built in, as in my opinion thats just being lazy, but my post (here) can help you set it up.

1 Like

Can anyone describe Groups in Command Context.

In the Documentation you can use it in the BeforeRun hook:

https://gyazo.com/5343db41a89981487a58d9e26118aa4a

But in the documentations it does not describe Groups. What is it?

2 Likes

What is Aurora?

Thirtycharacterlimit

2 Likes

I am at a loss for how to do this :C The instructions are so confusing :confused:

2 Likes

The documentation does describe Group, it says:

Optional, can be be any value you wish. This property is intended to be used in hooks, so that you can categorize commands and decide if you want a specific user to be able to run them or not.

Also, this is Aurora; GitHub - evaera/Aurora: (Deprecated) Aurora is a library that can manage status effects (known as "Auras") in your Roblox game.. Though, Aurora has been archived and Fabric will be replacing it.

3 Likes

Is there a model? I’m just asking, because I was having trouble setting it up.

2 Likes