Code Assist Beta: AI powered code completion

It seems impressive but it gets somethings wrong. For example, if you open a function, studio will put end) in front of your cursor, but the AI does not respect that and suggests another end statement.

I didn’t asked it to save the money, however it did a good job there.

It also doesn’t understand things the best, i asked it to give money (which most people understand as add money), yet it set the money value:

I didnt want to remove the money from the player if they lost premium so it didn’t do a good job.

I’d love to see this improved to work faster, give better suggestions and, be able to submit your own private code for training.

2 Likes

For the first you are right, but for the second you asked it to “remove” the money from the Player, and remove means to set it to 0

1 Like

I AI added the comment and code

1 Like

Okay…
I don’t understand why it does that, I think it’s not meant to…

1 Like

I’ve found the AI is pretty… harsh, to say the least.

I’ll name this command “shutdown”, and it won’t send any message.

4 Likes

I am a little concerned with which “free” assets on the marketplace specifically were used. Not all assets on free models are uploaded by the creators of them, infact those who steal games often upload them to free models, specifically so Roblox refuse to take down the stolen game without a DMCA, as they say “oh well its on free models now so no point”.

You say the assets are checked for quality and safety, but are those the only things that should be checked for?

3 Likes

The AI is a cool feature that is fun to play around with! I have already created a mini-fly script and character size potion with it! Although this feature is fun to use, I do not see it being useful in its current state. Here are some problems I have with it:

1. The code it creates often is very outdated for modern games. Some examples of this is it only working with r6 character rigs, getting user key inputs through the player’s mouse, or even using deprecated objects like Hopperbins or Hats.
  2. The code often tries to find RemoteEvents or BindableEvents that don’t even exist. An example of this is that a rocket launcher instead of using Humanoid:TakeDamage() tries firing a RemoteEvent called “Damager” (which never existed in the world and was never created in the script).
  3. The AI when creating sounds or decals uses invalid ids which display errors.
  4. The AI sometimes dodges around the solution by repetitively creating variables or other useless code.
  5. The AI sometimes tries to code for a LocalScript when in a ServerScript.
  6. The AI often doesn’t code essential features like buttons having debounces or weapon dealing damage even when asked for in the comments.

Because of these problems, I have to go back into all the AI creations to fix its work. The work that has to be put into the fixing makes this feature only useful to developers that can already easily program the prompts. These developers will find this process being very tedious and overall not worth even using.

4 Likes

Even the example chosen to be shown off is incorrect, hit.Parent may not exist. I think this could be very useful for very new programmers, but I don’t see it being very useful for experienced programmers.

Always knew life was about how many dominus’ I owned

In all seriousness, I would like to see the dataset on this model expanded or something of that sort. The examples shown above are unacceptable, especially the same-line repetition that seems to be a common issue.

6 Likes

No. It is not useless. It’s in BETA. Beta has bugs, beta has improvements yet to be made. Oh for the love of god stop hating on this for no reason.

2 Likes

@jufdnhf

It’s not able to do a bunch of things people would expect a Beta to do

3 Likes

Beta. It’s beta, you literally cannot argue about it. So much changes while something is in beta. They could change the AI model, etc etc.

6 Likes

Yes and?
What’s the catch?
The AI is still too poorly developed to be called Beta-Stage
(If this is seriously Beta-Stage then I understand why it will not replace us anytime soon, it’s gonna be useless)

3 Likes

Beta means for some piece of software to be under development, but available to the wider public to test. There is no guarantee of complete, release quality, etc

6 Likes

We’ve rolled out some fixes for repetition issues, and are also looking into further follow up changes.

Are any examples still triggering repetitions for you?

2 Likes

Does this have the ability to review existing code to find possible issues, or does it only create new code?

3 Likes

Yes, but this is clearly an Alpha, it doesn’t have enough features to be called a Beta

Creates new + reviews precedent code to add to it

1 Like

It does have enough features, absolutely does. Not to mention, chances are the model will improve over time.

2 Likes

How is this having enough features?
You almost have to write the code for it to generate (poorly-made) code, it’s faster to do it yourself

Not chances, 100%

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of what’s faster… If you know how to write the code, then don’t ask it to write it?? It’s primarily for newer programmers to learn how to code. Please, do not start arguing about this (again).

3 Likes