Code Assist Full Release: AI-powered Code Completion

It’s mentioned in the original post in the section “What’s Ahead.” As for assistant, it should work for everyone since it’s web based.

I’m using ChatGPT 3.5. So click on your icon at the bottom left of the browser window. In the menu that pops up, click settings. Enter things you would like ChatGPT to know about you in the top input box. In the second input box, tell it how you would like it to respond.

Thank You… I will do that. Thanks for the Tip.

Can this ai generate models like the you showed it us on youtube (the video where the ai generates a tower and a firecamp)

Github Copilot will still be limited to understanding lua and possibly luau as usage increases however only from a syntax and programming language perspective. Assistant will be able to provide more context from within Roblox Studio. As we see GPT continue to increase the context windows in addition to fine-tuning, I think Roblox Assistant will outpace Github Copilot.

Wasn’t there a gif where the assistant placed some trees?

Honestly I’ve never found this to do anything more than get in the way, but it’s interesting at least.

1 Like

is there a way to manually activate the assistant? it never pops up when i want it to, but gets in the way when i dont need it

You can manage it in Studio Keybinds and you can turn off suggest code automatically in Studio Settings

1 Like

sorry but i dont like the ai powered code completion because if i let it complete my code then almost everything is wrong and needs to be fixed the ai really needs to be smarter

1 Like

thats called jailbreaking chatgpt so you will make him think that he is stuff like a whole different ai with diff rules etc

OpenAI calls it Additional Commands. It doesn’t really fit the definition of jailbreaking though.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.