Code Errors That Don't Exist

This one particular project is the bane of my existence. Not only does it have a high crash rate, with 0 perf issues, but the Error Report continues to report bugs that don’t exist.

These errors are from the “Last 1 Day”, and a few of them are really consistent. No matter how many changes I make to the scripts, or how many times I restart servers. Every day, these same errors attributed to the same line numbers appear.

There’s also some really weird errors that don’t typically occur on any of my other projects:

Like why is that last one a server error???

The game in question: Gunfight Arena - Roblox

8 Likes

Okay so update.

After going through the error report history, alot of these errors were real errors that were fixed or changed weeks ago. I’ve verified that every server is running the current version of the game. Yet every day, new reports of these very old errors still come in.

That leads to two possible theories:

1. Clients are somehow loading and running really old versions of scripts.

2. These error and crash reports are cached somewhere and taking weeks to come finally through. Causing the anomalies I’ve been seeing in both the error report and crash rate stats.

2 Likes

You should probably join some of your servers and make sure they’re on the latest place version (in the help tab).

3 Likes

I already did, they are.

I’m going to try making a new place from scratch and see if the errors persist on the new place.

1 Like

Actually I can’t do this because you can’t set a different place as the new start place anymore…

So I have no way to fix this issue because if I move games, everyone loses their data and purchases.

But I can’t use the current start place anymore because this residual crash and error information is destroying the game’s performance in algorithm…

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the issue. I am looking into it.

1 Like

Hi: Thanks for reporting.
Do you mind telling me which specific errors are the ones you still see but have been fixed weeks ago?
I searched a few and I do see the errors are not there since 7 days ago for them. I want to make sure I am looking at the right ones.
For those errors you do not understand. They might come from our core script that is not written by you but you are calling. We are trying to work with the engine team to see how we can better improve this. Meanwhile if you think some of them are core script error from Roblox and we should fix, feel free to report as another bug to ask engine team to help taking a look.

2 Likes

Well there are a fair few errors that come from scripts that don’t exist both in Roblox’s core logic, and also my game. I can only assume these errors are from cheaters running their own scripts as Byfron has been failing to catch any cheaters for a number of weeks now.

^ These are not any of my scripts, nor do they appear to be core scripts.

This error is really quite interesting because the Check function in my network module does not, nor has it ever tried to index anything with “.Value”:

It appears a lot, but not regularly. Could be a cheater or two trying to change the functions to access my network system. Not really sure.

These two errors have appeared every single day for as long as the game has been out.

They reference line numbers that don’t make any sense.

Also, if the line numbers attributed are just slightly off, you can see by the code itself that error should never occur regardless. It’s been written this way for a number of weeks, and the servers are all running the current version. The errors still persist in the Error Report.

1 Like

I’d like to provide a small update on this issue.

#1. Some of the code errors I had been seeing were still valid errors that could occur in the latest version, they would just be attributed to the old version line numbers in the Error Report

#2. Many of the code errors in my error report now come from scripts that don’t exist in the game, and from code that no longer exists in the game.

For example, 2 weeks ago I accidently tried writing Lighting.GlobalShadows in parallel. It took me less than 2 hours to fix the issue and migrate servers. Now 2 weeks later, that error is still getting reported every day:

In addition, here’s an example of code errors that aren’t mine at all.

Not only are there no elevators in the game, there are no UIs named “MainUI”, and no scripts named “Initiator”, “Main_Lobby”, or “ElevatorHandler”. InsertService is also disabled, so I have no idea where these are coming from, or why players would inject something like that.

1 Like

Did you resolve this issue yet?

And what did you find from looking into it?

I had things called “MainUI” and “Initiator” too exclusively in error reports
Could be something from one game, maybe id of the main game is glitching out and causing this?

Did you resolve the issue yet or not?

Any updates since you said this?

Looks like it’s resolved for me, however when people exploit it’s still logged
Solution for this would probably be is to check if local script has already been in the game
Or list user ids under client logs so developers can ban them from the game

1 Like

Nope, still not resolved for me.