Code examples for functions/events cause studio to freeze in large games

Reproduction Steps

Not sure how to replicate, but typing functions/events such as “:FindFirstChild” in my game with over 100k script lines causes studio to freeze briefly while it loads the code preview. This has been a problem for 6+ months but I’ve always ignored it since I can just minimize code previews which fixes the issue.

This issue does not occur when copying the same scripts into a new place, so I can only assume the code preview is trying to reference other scripts from my game or something.

Side note: by code preview, I mean these

Expected Behavior

Studio should not freeze when loading code previews for functions/events.

Actual Behavior

Studio freezes briefly when code previews appear UNLESS the code preview is minimized. Also, disabling code previews in settings still causes it to freeze, the only way to stop the freeze is by clicking the arrow to hide them each time I open studio and begin coding.

Workaround

Minimizing code previews stops studio from freezing, but turning them off in studio settings does not.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Freezing
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

3 Likes

Hi vetex,

To clarify, are you saying you have a script contains more than 100k lines? Which is very huge script.

No, the entire game contains 100k lines of code, but this issue happens in most modules in the game that are around ~2k lines. Inserting empty scripts/modules doesn’t have this issue in the same game, though

1 Like

Hi vetex,

I think I found the issue and have a fix for it. It should be fixed in next studio release. Thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Hi vetex,

This issues should be fixed in current version Studio. Let me know if you are still seeing this issue.

Happy coding!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.