Code executer /editor inside a game

How do you make a code executer in a game?

That’s my question… Please help me with this.

Sorry if this post in the wrong category…

:memo: -Hermanito

2 Likes

Can you be a bit more specific? If you want code to be executed at times, you can do it in many ways:

• Repeat / Until loop
  • Remote Events
  • While Loops
  • If statements

and so much more.

1 Like

“Code executor” as a system that can execute Luau code during a game, similar to Lua Learning’s Lua script editor?

You will have to use loadstring(). How to use loadstrings?

1 Like

enable Loadstringenabled in serverscriptservice then use the loadstring() function

How do you make a “Lua Script executer” Inside a game? Like a tab in a game where you can type in a code like "print (“Hello World”) and execute it.

1 Like

Here I quickly made you a code executor. I want you to remember this is dangerous because anyone could access it and run scripts on the server. I can make a safe version for you that only works for certain people if you need.

Make sure to place the screenGui into starter gui and put the remote inside replicated storage. also put the main script into serverscriptservice.

4 Likes

you didnt have to be rude lol plus your awsner contributes nothing to this thread. i have already given him what he needs.

1 Like

Dev console IS a code executor…

2 Likes

yeah i know but thats not what op was asking for

2 Likes

Not only does this post you made make no sense, it also contributes nothing to the thread. I made a model for the op so it answers his question. He wanted a simple code executor. I took it as he wanted a script executor game. He should be grateful I even helped him at all. Don’t be like that. I know my system is not secure but if there is a script executor, it doesn’t matter cause everyone gets access.

2 Likes

Hi @AC_Starmarine

Is there any way by which the executed code shows on a GUI? Like if I print “Hello world”, it shows on a separate GUI. I wanted to make Roblox Studio Code editor and output in a game GUI where players can execute scripts in the game instead of opening Roblox Studio and type scripts.

I’m not a scripter. Just know how to print, usage of locals and variables.
Please help me buddy

2 Likes

well we can use log service and send back the output. this is sketchy and is not recommended. You could try using a custom lua vm.

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about log service and custom lua vm thing. As I said before, I’m not a scripter, I just know about local, variables, and print statements. Lol

Is it possible for you to give me step by step process on how to do that?

1 Like

Well its quite a process. I guess I can make you a system.

4 Likes

@AC_Starmarine Thank you so much! I just sent you a friend request in Roblox. Please accept it.

you would have to use the loadstring Module And Remote Events