Code Minimap Plugin

Will the minimap clear when you close the currently editing script (or no longer select a script) in the future?
It doesn’t make sense to me why it would still show code in the minimap if you have nothing selected/open.

It could, but I don’t see why bother?

Yeah it doesn’t really matter after all, but the bottom scrolling bar looks weird. Is this intentional? The one on the right does not look like this.

That’s a Roblox bug, been happening for years. Horizontal scrolling sucks.

1 Like

I have no idea what I did but the plugin broke. I can only tell you this happened while switching modes. Here is the error:

1 Like

Whoops, not sure what happened here. Will fix asap!

Edit: Fixed.

1 Like

As always, great plugins and modules, I Love It !
I wish if there is a Roblox plugin development community and more love and care to this field. since plugin makers are constantly just getting harassed or nothing at all for there efforts.

I figured out what was happening!

If you open a script in the select mode, delete the script and then click on the ActiveScript mode the error happens.

Edit: Didn’t see you already fixed.

Edit2: You can still open deleted scripts, which is odd.

Yeah, the issue was caused by active being nil in the initial swap. I forgot to check that in that case. That’s why the fix took 2 seconds lol

1 Like

Updated again.

Cannot open a script that doesn’t exist anymore, and closing active editors will clear the minimap if you have it set to display active!

1 Like

Edit: Minor UI update, settings topbar is smaller yet clearer

Fixed this one. I hate lexing Lua using Lua patterns, this was a headache.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I just can’t stop breaking your highlighter.
(Exact same issue with strings)

Making this highligher must be painful.

frustration noises
Lua patterns aren’t good enough to get all these edge cases. How often do these come up in real environments when you aren’t actively trying to find fail cases?

I found this when I accidentally deleted some parts of a multiline comment because I accidentally selected a big chunk of my script and started typing. I don’t think this will happen a lot though.
I recreated it so the issue is clearly visible.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I’m going to be using this daily, every single time I’m scripting.

This is easily worth 10k robux. People who complain don’t know the amount of work that goes into making all of these plugins.

7 Likes

Huge Update!

Completely reworked this plugin based on user feedback.

• Displays text instead of color blocks
  • Zoom in/out
  • Default zoom is smaller than previously so you scroll less by default

11 Likes

Will definitely try this out in the future! At first, I thought this was a minifier / beautifier, but after looking at the page more thoroughly, I now see this could actually be extremely useful for people with large scripts.

2 Likes

This… Is… AWESOME!!! This is one thing that I have been wishing Over for Such a long time! Thank you So much! Keep up the Awesome Work!

3 Likes

Uh…

1 Like