Code not functional in game but studio

local gamePassID = 0000000 
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local ownsGamepass = game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(player.UserId,gamePassID)
	if ownsGamepass then
		local sword = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("Giant"):Clone()
		sword.Parent = player.Backpack
		plr.Humanoid:EquipTool(sword)
	end
end)

This Code Works İn The Studio, But İt Does Not Work İn The Normal Game, There İs a Problem With The Script

Can we know what’s the error of the code

It would be better if I passed a console image with the error

Screenshot_6
Sorry Im New Devforum

Screenshot_6
Sorry Im New Devforum

I think the error could be that you are using plr rather than player on this line.

This is because you have a player variable which is called player but you are using plr instead. Maybe try changing plr to player on that line.

Edit: You might also need to wait for the player’s character as the script might be executing before the character has loaded in. I think you can do this with player.CharacterAdded:wait()

1 Like

There’s a few things I can see that could make the script error, here’s an edited version with some comments explaining what was wrong.

local MarketplaceService = game:GetService("MarketplaceService") -- this isn't required, but makes your script look much cleaner
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	local ownsGamepass = MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync(player.UserId, gamePassID) -- separate function arguments with spaces please (again, makes code cleaner)
	if ownsGamepass then
		local sword = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("Giant"):Clone() -- If the client doesn't need to see this, you should put this in ServerStorage instead
		sword.Parent = player.Backpack

local character = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait() -- get the player's character, and if it hasn't loaded in yet we wait until it does
		local humanoid = character :WaitForChild("Humanoid") -- wait for the humanoid
		humanoid:EquipTool(sword)
	end
end)
1 Like