Coding a Murder Mystery Game - In-depth Coding Tutorial

I’m very curious to know.

What would code that is considered expert/professional level consist of differently than what you have in the tutorial? I feel like what you have is very straight forward, I could not see any other way of doing this round based system, but I know there’s more.

1 Like

It really depends. For me, while I was creating my own version of a murder mystery game to release soon, I’ve added in several different features like Knife throwing, character customization, and different gamemodes. All of which were rewritten from using instances (ie StringValues, BoolValues, etc) to using backend data with Dictionaries, Tables, etc.

2 Likes

i for real cant catch up with any of this

like where is where and what is what

good tutorial tho ngl

kinda confusing

Not confusing at all in my opinion. I found it really useful 6 months ago, and it is really well organized. At the time of using this resource, I was able to learn more about module scripts and how to optimize my game.

Everything is named and sorted properly in the module scripts, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Maybe try learning more about scripting? It would help you a ton.

Is there a way that we could program it that if a player is the Murderer they will automaticly get a Floppa Character and then the hunters get a Man with Box Suit and then the Victim gets an there roblox avatar

Im making my own Murder Mystery but in Floppa Style anyone pls help me script it

I’m having issues with randomizing characters.
I don’t see any errors with it but It isn’t changing my character to anything. I’ve checked and rewrote the code several times and have gotten no results.

Hi, I’m sorry to revive this topic but I have an error. In EventHandling, on line 25 it says the elseif is supposed to be an end, and I don’t know how to fix it. It causes the game to go on even after all innocents died. Does anyone have a fix to this problem?

Sorry for posting here, im bad at scripting, but I have an error

ServerScriptService.Master.Round:220: Expected eof>, got ‘function’ - Studio - Round:220

do I have to put an ‘end’ or something?

Isn’t this the map from StickMasterLuke’s Roblox University Mad Bloxxer tutorial series on how to create a murder mystery game ?

Thank you!

I am a beginner when it comes to scripting on Roblox. I find it hard to keep up remembering what ‘values’, ‘functions’ and ‘modules’ are/are used for. However, I followed this step-by-step and it works perfectly! I even understood most of the script.

It was a bit hard to follow through since for I think 1 part of script which was not stated where to put them, when they were supposed to be placed in a different script. As I said, everything works perfectly and from there I think I’ll try to further customize it to my needs.

Again, Thanks!