Collaboration-Recruitment should allow comments

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to inform/warn other forum users about fake and scam recruitment posts in #collaboration:recruitment.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience in the forum because we could inform especially new users about fake recruitment posts and get more information about the commissions etc. directly in the comments, so other users wouldn’t have to ask the same questions in PMs. The posts could be closed after a day to stop unnecessary bumps.

Thanks!

3 Likes

That’s the reason replies are locked there in the first place. There used to be many heated arguments and Collaboration was the most toxic forum category. You should always do your research before applying for a job anyway. There’s a call out rule which prohibits you from informing others in such cases (unfortunately).

If users keep asking the same questions via PMs, then the OP should consider adding a FAQ section.

Finally, the talent hub is in the works so it might not even be worth doing this anymore.

You may also check out this response from Sergeant_Roach when this change was made:

2 Likes

The purpose of that category is not to call out and discredit the reputation of other developers. Not only is #collaboration not a place for discussion, it also wouldn’t be appropriate to open the replies for the sake of confrontation. The category guidance states that any disputes should be resolved in a private setting, and I believe this should still be adhered to or else the category would just be flooded with toxicity.

I’ve seen some recruitment posts that have comments allowed though?

1 Like

These are either legacy topics created before topics would be locked in that category, or they were categorized as portfolios (still #collaboration) rather than recruitment topics.

3 Likes