Collaborative Editing updates

Great! I hope to see this added in the future. Thanks for a swift update regarding the suggestion :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m the only one, but Iā€™d prefer drafts to be off always. Last patch without me knowing drafts existed, I spent a couple hours attempting to fix a bug that only existed because a prior patch wasnā€™t being added. Just started of negatively.

That would actually cause problems with what I usually use uncommitted copying for (on-the-fly backups):

• Make lots of changes to a script but donā€™t commit, then decide to create a backup of the old version by copying it and chucking it somewhere in ServerStorage.

I could modify this so that I would use the copied version as the new copy and the initial version as the backupā€¦ but I would prefer to not use the uncommitted version as it is more consistent with how commits work ā€“ not committed isnā€™t published, so it follows that not committed isnā€™t copied.

Instead I would suggest just having a warning message or something like you get when you publish with uncommitted changes.

To be honest I always disable collaborative scripting because of having to commit the drafts. Copied uncommitted scripts that are pasted will just be scripts marked as ā€œprint(ā€œHello World!ā€)ā€ and this is honestly a pain. I feel as if this should be disabled by default as most scripters work independently on scripts. I also believe this could make it harder for new scripters to learn as they could be wondering why a script isnā€™t working, and it to be that they didnā€™t commit the draft. Please consider this, even if you just add a feature to choose which features are enabled by default.

Thank you!, -HiddenKaiser

1 Like

Is there a shortcut to commit all of your drafts? For example, if I have 20 drafts, do I have to individually right click and commit each of them?

1 Like

Finnaly Iā€™m not going to lose my scripts again

I donā€™t like Collaborative Editing for one reason, itā€™s unreliable. You may ask why? Well most of the time when I press ā€œCommitā€ it will get stuck in this process for ever, and I canā€™t retry or cancel it in any way, if I try to close Roblox Studio, it will not allow me to, so I am forced each time to open Task Manager and forcefully kill Roblox Studio process, and reopen studio again, and write all the code over again, which is super annoying. Can Roblox fix this?, so the process cannot get stuck, as if it getā€™s then when I save, the entire place fails to open later on but if it opens the Terrain is completely corrupted, and I need redo everything or open the latest working backup file. I would rather stick with the old method of scripting in Roblox Studio Team Create, so I would like Roblox to keep option to disable or enable the Collaborative Editing, since itā€™s unreliable and also I like the old method.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.