Collaborative Notes Plugin (Not a chat!)

What if the person was Japanese? Maybe consider removing the filter on words like Nani - people saying “You what?” would go to “You weeb?”. :sweat_smile:

(I’m aware that Japanese uses a character system consisting of 3 “alphabets”, so they aren’t as likely to say Nani but the characters for “Na” and “Ni” or if there’s a single character for the word)

1 Like

Sure. If that comes up for someone, I’ll change it.

1 Like

When Discord was down earlier today, this helped me and another developer keep notes nicely and easily. Filter works great too! Only problem is that notes disappear after you close Studio.

2 Likes

They do? They’re saved for me!

Do you have the updated version, and are there any errors in the output?

1 Like

I believe I’m on the updated version as there isn’t any updates, and there aren’t any errors in the output. Still works as intended tho.

Doesn’t the “cache” variable contain a memory leak since the usernames are never removed, and it’s never actually cleared at any point.

1 Like

It clears when you close studio, and only creates once. The dictionary won’t continuously add keys, there will only be as many keys as there are developers in the TC.

1 Like

but what if my team consisted of 1,000 developers, and then 300 of them decided to leave.

Studio would have crashed before you even added the first 100 :rofl:

And if they rejoin, it won’t be creating a new key, it’ll use the current one.

It’s not really an issue.

2 Likes

Update

• Message syncing (Works when you both join, but that means you both have to join at some point to sync)
  • Single player support (No longer fails to filter when not in a TC)
  • Code restructured for readability and maintainability
  • Uses a mix of HTTP GUIDs and os.time() for keys
5 Likes

Update

• Multiple notepads support! (AKA text channels but named to fit our non-chat scheme)
  • Rewrote large portions of the internals
  • Better support for large monitors

Thank you to @devSparkle for suggesting this update. Sorry it took so long for me to remember to do it :laughing:

Let me know if I broke anything!

https://www.roblox.com/library/3987005929/Collaborative-Notes

10 Likes

Love this! I will definitely make sure to use this for collaborative notes only… I know my team will appreciate it.

6 Likes

Is there some way I can change the color of the text or the color of the background? When the text is black it’s pretty hard to read over the black background of the notepad.

That’s super odd, it’s supposed to be white due to Studio theme API. I’ll look into this.

1 Like

Looking forward to the update. It’s kind of hard for me to read and using dark mode hurts my eyes lol

Cant wait for this. I have been dealing with the colour for a while now and I’m happy it is being fixed

Man, I wish someone told me sooner!

1 Like

The theme issue should (I couldn’t manage to recreate the bug but I found the theoretical issue in code and refactored the relevant segment) be fixed.
Roblox has been having issues updating plugins lately (sometimes doesn’t get the real latest version?), but you should try to update it and see if it’s fixed.

3 Likes

This’ll be awesome! I only just found out about this though it would be so useful for future uses!

How do you go about deleting the notes you made?