Collision groups breaking my ray casting

I cannot add a certain collision group to stop this certain type of block going through the map, because it breaks the ray casting. I know up and down it breaks it, since when I was trying to build with the block (the cobweb) it would go inside of it when I tried to select it. Now normally it’d go to the outside of the cobweb I selected, but instead, it went inside. I actually do have a system meant for fixing this, but not in this type of situation. The system fixes the position by using ray.Normal, but it’d ignore the box part around the two planes inside and go for the two planes that are inside. This would put the ray.Normal to by something like Vector3.new(7.234298342,0,7.2348939487924).

It did not only mess with the ray.Normal, but it also messed with actual placement. Without the collision group, on some spots when you build, the block will stick outside, while on other spots it’ll go inside (without the fixture code). But instead, EVERY side would go inside the target except for the top. -_-

This post too!
Selection raycasting should not consider collision groups - Feature Requests / Studio Features - DevForum | Roblox