Collision Groups, Help Needed

Hello, i have this issue since made it, well my issue is some Cars collide with Houses and some go trough it Partly: here example pictures:

Wrong:

Right:

All Cars have collisions disabled because they will very buggy than.

When open new server the Houses have a collision group and when spawning cars they get their own collison group too, both groups set to collide

Can you show an example video?

1 Like

I also looked into the Cars and the Houses / Objects, the Cars have Group2 and Houses / Objects have Group3, Group2 & 3 Collisions set to true. But anyway it does not work perfectly.

Depending on the makeup of the build, you can try setting the collision fidelity to hull. Also, collision groups won’t stop lag from physics happening, but in some cases it might reduce it. However, in this specific scenerio I don’t see the need for them. Even if setting the collision fidelity to hull doesn’t work, you could weld simple invisible parts to the car.

Step 1

Select all the meshes in your car (The cars that don’t pass the door)

Step 2

Set the CollisionFidelity property is set to PreciseConvexDecomposition or Hull

Tell me if this works :point_up_2:

both cars in video have it on default and both have CanCollide turned off (because of the reason i said).
The one go trough the class the other dont

i only use CollisionGroups to let the Cars collide with objects.

Will the CollisionFidelity also affect on Groups ?
and can they get set by Script ?

I think the problem has to be not assigning the meshes (of the cars that don’t pass) to collide with the wall.

The Tip did not help how i did expect.
But uhm than it would be weird because i look into the Car and the CollGroup is at 2 wich means the Parts has the Group but it goes anyway trough the wall.

This is the Script: