Collision setting itself to false?

Hello, I have a game I’m building that will be releasing soon, although I have an issue which is bad and needs to be fixed asap.

Some parts around the map which have collision set to true are automatically being set to false whenever I play the game. Here is an example

Cancollide is set to the true but when I play the game it is set to false.
I do not know the reason why at all. Their are no scripts inside the parts or outside that control them. I have went through each script that manages collisions and they have no connection to these parts and same for the other parts that are getting the same issue. I have even opened another place and pasted the parts and I’m still getting the same issue.

This has been a really annoying issue that I hope is fixed soon.

If you know any solutions please comment them.

It might be because welds are being created. Don’t want to go in to detail, but you can fix this easily using some while loops. If you need more info, please let me know.

Welds are also not being created! The issue just randomly fixed it’s self, right now after days of experiencing it.

Update, once again experiencing the issue.

do you have a script changing anything like CanCollide?

Nope. No scripts inside of the object or outside. I even pasted it into a baseplate place.

1 Like

Use the short cut keys: Ctrl+ Shift + f, and search for CanCollide. Additionally, you could search the name of the part/meshpart that you have there.

The only thing I see that could possibly be happening is that a script, directly or indirectly, is changing the collision state somewhere.

Holy crap. I didn’t know you could search inside every script at the same time. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I’d check all scripts that have to do with anything collision related just to be sure. All scripts, even if they don’t seem like they’d be connected.

I tried that, nothing is controlling collisions, I really find this issue weird. It may just be a studio bug at this point.

sorry to ask, but do you know how to make cars and how hinges work?

You could be right. Try making a new game wiht the same objects and see if they keep turning off collations

Tried that as well! Same issue.

is it doing that with all objects or just the mesh you’re working on

This might help: How do you make a car?

Random Objects in the game, some parts collision works but for the others, collisions turn off even if it’s not a mesh or it is.

1 Like

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox studio?

Prob won’t help but yeah.

You could also try isolating the game into a copy without any scripts. It may also be a plugins doing, although I doubt that too, this situation hasn’t happened for me before. If you can’t solve it, I’d try to message @bug-support if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Just tried, didn’t change anything,

1 Like

Yep I have tried copying it into another place, I also tried disabling all plugins (which thanks to that my plugins list is now organized lol) I sent a message to @Bug-Support hopefully this can be resolved soon.

1 Like