Color Issue When Uploading .fbx File to Roblox Studio

Hello Guys,

I hope this message finds you well. I have encountered an issue when uploading an .fbx file to Roblox Studio. The colors do not appear automatically, even though the model doesn’t have a separate texture file. Interestingly, when I open the file with a program like Blender, the colors are displayed correctly.

Could you please advise on how to address this issue? Is there a specific setting or process I should follow to ensure that the colors are imported correctly into Roblox Studio?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

KenanExe.

You need a texture image containing the colors or Roblox Studio will not apply colors to your mesh. Try baking your meshes colors in blender (I’ve made a tutorial on how to bake textures in blender: video on baking colors of a mesh on Vimeo) then re-export your mesh from blender and then upload it into Roblox Studio. If the textures did not get applied automatically, upload the baked texture image inside the meshes TextureID property.

1 Like

@VertexSelection
I have followed all the steps, but the final step doesn’t seem to produce any results. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Can you show me a picture of your mesh in Blender with material tab open? Also, I don’t know what you did wrong, but this tutorial worked for me and my friends. Try following the tutorial one more time more carefully. Blender version also matters. This tutorial was made in Blender 3.6. You can also find other baking tutorials on YouTube.

I am using Blender 4.0, I will check out a few tutorials on YouTube, and here is the screenshot you requested:

screenshot

Hmm, It could be because of the newer Blender version. If you can’t find any good tutorials on YouTube, try downloading Blender 3.6 and then try following my tutorial carefully once again.

1 Like

Where should I put it?

It’s not going to be connected to anywhere. Do the same for all the materials you’ve got. Select the same “Baking” image that you’ve created in all materials.