Color Matching Brain Game Feedback

Hello, I’m working on a project that involves matching color names with the actual colors in a set of boxes, where the color name is displayed in different color to challenge your mind. I wanted feedback on the basic of the game and UI layout. The game is still in development, a few planned features are listed below.

• Game over screen and function.
  • Leaderboards
  • User XP.
  • More Gamemodes.
  • Multiplayer and 1v1 modes.

5 Likes

Hey! I love these types of brain teasers. What is the link to this game?

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s not out yet as they stated it’s in development. Although, the game looks great!

2 Likes

The game is still in development, but I will be sure to send the game link once I get the beta version out!

Hi Simon,
Even though the game is simple, it works and is cute. Good job!

The problem at the moment in my opinion is the solidity of the core mechanics, how long can the fun of playing it last? By inserting new game modes but maintaining this logic of “pressing the correct color button” unchanged, how much does the game actually change?

It’s a hyper casual game style that in my opinion works better for mobile, in a school challenge context (considering a 7-14 year old target).

In my opinion, for the next development stages you should include a polishing phase that enriches the experience. In addition to thinking about variations or alternatives (e.g. “green” appears and you have to select the colors that form it, or you could introduce, in addition to the colors, some simple shapes for the buttons such as circle, star, triangle and perhaps it asks " yellow star" written in red)

A plus, to win the medal for inclusiveness: the same game modes with the color blindness filter. :grinning:

2 Likes