Color Module - synchronizing color changes across parts

Color Module is a way to synchronize your colors while they are changing.
When multiple colors are being changed with this, they are all the same color. As you can see, when my character becomes rainbow, it is the same color as the baseplate.

If it were just rainbow, that would be pretty lame. With this module, you can change the color to spice things up a bit.

Module:

Even though I use the term “Rainbow” in the functions, the color is not required to be rainbow. It is by default, but you can change it with module:ChangeColor().

Functions:

module:ChangeColor ( Color3 )
This changes the color of all parts that are currently being used by Color Module. The color will keep changing, but it will start from here.

module:RainbowInstance ( Instance )
It makes an Instance change color, and does nothing to it’s descendants.

module:UnRainbowInstance ( Instance )
If an Instance is being color changed, it immediately stops it. This does nothing to the descendants of the Instance.

module:RainbowDescandants ( Anything with descendants )
This is just RainbowInstance, but it changes something’s descendants.

module:UnRainbowDescendants ( Anything with descendants )
This is just UnRainbowInstance, but it affects something’s descendants.

module:StopColors ( Instance )
It immediately stops an instance in time, keeping it’s color. Please note that you cannot use UnRainbowInstance after this.

module:StopColorsDescendants ( Anything with descendants )
This is just StopColors but it affects something’s descendants.

Instances that can be color changed:
Part, UnionOperation, MeshPart, Shirt, Pants, SpecialMesh*, Decal, ShirtGraphic, TextLabel
*As SpecialMeshes do not have any color, this simply removes it’s texture so that it can change color without a texture blocking it.

If you don’t know how to use modules, I have an uncopylocked game that uses the module so you can see how to do it.

11 Likes