Color3 Support For Humanoid Clothing

We have just released some new properties for Shirt, Pant and ShirtGraphic instances which allow Humanoid clothing textures to be colorized.

These new properties work similarly to how the Color3 property for Decals works but for Humanoid clothing.

This can be used for allowing players to have greater customization options in character creators or to save time by creating many similar outfits by changing the Color3 properties rather than uploading a new texture for each outfit.

Here is a nice gif showing how this works
Color3Items

312 Likes

Will you have the option to customize this in your avatar settings? This could make way for ‘one color fits all’ clothing that can be customized based on the user’s preferences…

62 Likes

Do you hear that? I think it’s the sound of… MAXIMUM RAINBOW OVERDRIVE.

:+1:, I suspect a lot of games will utilize this!

64 Likes

Incoming !rainbow admin command.

33 Likes

This is exactly what I needed right about two seconds ago, great timing!

12 Likes

Now we just need this for meshes as a whole.

27 Likes

Rainbowing intensifies

7 Likes

Oh yes!

It will make my customizable outfit much easier to implement in the game, combined with R15 textures.

7 Likes

And it’s not like it’d be something that’d be entirely new, with the fact that we’ve had partial support for color changing clothes for some time. It just meant either sacrificing skin-color customization, usually with a fake skin color added to the clothing, or hiding skin on the clothing entirely.

3 Likes

Woohoo! This made my day much more colorful and happy. This is going to be so useful for me with my project I’ve been working on. All of these new features being implemented into Studio lately is allowing development life to be so much easier for others as well as having much more opportunities being introduced.

Keep up the great work Roblox!

12 Likes

This is a nice update. Won’t have to make this much clothing for the game I’m working on!

4 Likes

Well yeah, semi-transparent clothes have been a thing for a while. But this one allows for separate clothing and skin tones.

4 Likes

Throwback those shirts that were semi-transparent and could be any colour. How do your shirts and pants change colours at the same time to the same hue?

6 Likes

Exactly my point! It’s not a big new concept, but it’s an execution of that concept which works out much better.

The biggest limit I can see is the fact that these Color3 properties are split by the individual limbs, but by clothing piece. Not sure if splitting up the Color3 for each limb would be something that’d be used much outside of avatar customization though.

5 Likes

This is very useful. It will save me lots of time and allow me to offer more clothing related customization to my players much quicker.

1 Like

inb4 [SALE! :money_mouth_face:] Rainbow Shirt Gamepass! 99999 R$

This is a really cool update!

13 Likes

I can see this being used by developers to allow users to keep their outfits while clearly distinguishing what color team they’re on. Very nice.

13 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this

2 Likes

I do think that this feature is incredibly useful as you can just use one type of clothing and make different variants with this without having to upload individual clothes that are just different colored.

1 Like

This is a nice addon, it will save designers time instead of having to create multiple colors of that clothing and uploading, we can just use this.

6 Likes