ColorCorrectionEffect changed? Any way to replicate old black-and-white effect?

Hi, I was managing a game that I uploaded and after the Roblox update of today, ColorCorrectionEffect doesn’t yield the same result that it used to.

Before, I was using a ColorCorrectionEffect with a Saturation of -1 with a tint of 255,255,255 to create a “black-and-white” effect in the game.
Now, it only acts as a sort of “temperature” slider, with lower values making it more blue, and higher values making it more red.

Before

After

Is there a way to yield the same black-and-white result before the update?

5 Likes

It didn’t, it is probably some scripting errors.

2 Likes

That’s strange.
It’s certainly not because of any settings within the Lighting instance itself, I don’t think.
There’s no script manipulating any Lighting Effects other than the ColorCorrectionEffect tweening between 0 and -1 Saturation.

For me, when I turn it down, it turns it blue.

1 Like

Try readding the property and then changing the Saturation again.
Else there is some weird Lighting Settings

1 Like

Have you updated your Roblox Studio yet?

I reinserted it and it’s still acting weird. I haven’t touched the game in a rough 5-month period, in which the effect was working just fine with no problems.

It was only when Roblox Studio/Player updated roughly an hour ago for me when it started to act weird.

1 Like

I have.

Try doing it on a seperate place and check whether or not if its a bug

1 Like

Tried it on a seperate place and it’s still blue.

Here’s the rbxl file.
ColorCorrectionEffect.rbxl (44.6 KB)

2 Likes

Well that is weird

1 Like

Is this for Roblox studio only or in-game as well? Anyways, try reinstalling studio.

Press Windows + R.
Type "%localappdata%". 
Delete the file "Roblox". Then reinstall
3 Likes

Seems to work fine for me.

1 Like

Do you have any beta features enabled?

I had an issue similar to this and my game had this reddish tint to it. This fixed my issue, however I’m not the OP so we’ll have to see if they tried it.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, my places with saturation have a red/pink tint, and my places with negative saturation have a blue tint. It even appears that way for me in game.

2 Likes

This seemed to fix it for me, it must have been a bug since it happened after I updated my studio & roblox.

2 Likes

Indeed it is. Maybe a file corruption perhaps? It is sad that roblox has so many bugs. I hope they fix it soon!

1 Like

I deleted & reinstalled Roblox as instructed, and joined the game again, but now it seems even weirder.

In Studio, ColorCorrectionEffect works as intended and allows me to set the Saturation to -1 to create the “black-and-white” effect.
But ingame, setting the Saturation to -1 tints the screen blue as described in the original post.

2 Likes

Reinstall the game as well? Is this the case for ms roblox as well? Ms means microsoft store bought roblox.

1 Like

Seems to be an issue with the most recent Studio update, since I’m experiencing this too. (maybe don’t set it to -100000 lol)

Issue has a report here