Lighting changed after update

The lighting has changed since today’s update on the client and inside Studio. No properties were changed and it only shows when you update Studio as tested by all our team members.

Here’s two pictures, a before and after which were taken by two different studio versions. It now displays a salmon pink tint and it looks very disturbing.

Properties

Expected behavior

Expected results

58 Likes

Same here as well. Didn’t adjust any settings and noticed today there was a much warmer color to the entire game.

13 Likes

Do you think they made it warmer or that it’s some sort of tint applied? What color are you seeing now?

Upon investigating it, looks like @michaelvanderfin is correct in that it’s applying some sort of warmth since it’s only around the buildings and not on the entire screen.

7 Likes

ColorCorrection has also been severely messed up with this update.

This is a screenshot of a ColorCorrection instance that has the saturation set to -1 (which before this update would make the screen greyscale). No other ColorCorrection instances are enabled in this screenshot, and the screen has taken a blue-green tint.

12 Likes

Yep, I figured also out it’s ColorCorrection so I can confirm you’re right on that. There’s no remedy for it either it seems because any property you change, it just gets worse.

9 Likes

Before

After

9 Likes

Do you think this will be fixed by Roblox or should i make adjustments to get it back to how it was?

7 Likes

I’d say this is a very important issue so I’d assume Roblox will do its best to fix it swiftly

10 Likes

Experiencing same issue, all lighting values were perfectly fine until recent update. Now setting saturation with color correction to 0.5 causes a weird pink tint to appear.

8 Likes

Getting dozens of reports from our players regarding the same issue.

9 Likes

This issue is currently happening to my two biggest games. The atmosphere suddenly became pink.

First Game:

BEFORE

AFTER

Second Game:

BEFORE

AFTER

8 Likes

I opened Studio today for my team’s game design, and our game is experiencing the exact same issue. Two members saw the lighting with a more salmon color, but one member did not have salmon-hue graphics until he rebooted Studio. How do we fix this?

7 Likes

The team member who didn’t probably had the old version of Studio which proved this was caused by the recent update today.

All you can do is wait till Roblox decides to revert this change.

4 Likes

Having the same issue. Updated studio and once I reopened it my lighting had this ugly tint too

5 Likes

I’m experiencing the same, seems as if the issue is coming from the saturation property within the ColorCorrection object. Here’s my before & after:

5 Likes

Hey everyone, thanks for the comments, forwarding this along to the team.

24 Likes

Same issue has popped up for my games too, its nothing game breaking but VERY annoying. Everything simply appears very “blue” like after its saturation being set to the negatives.

5 Likes

Nice to see the issue is being worked on. Just wanted to say I noticed the effect seems to be worse in this particular game of mine than the others. It seems to be related to color correction saturation, as another individual with negative color correction said his game became blue-tinted.

Well, here’s the game of mine

How it is now

How it was before

Pretty jarring change haha

4 Likes

nearly re-did all my games lighting thinking this was a feature, hopefully this gets fixed soon

3 Likes

Just realized it doesn’t happen on my iPhone 13 Pro, not sure if that’s helpful Team.

4 Likes