Colosseum build

I was recently commissioned to make this. Can I get some feedback? Preferably constructive criticism.

Without lighting effects:

With lighting effects:

Feedback greatly appreciated!

9 Likes

Amazing… It looks great with the lighting too lol

1 Like

Thanks! Any way you think I could improve on it?

It could use some more detail, specially the union windows on the very top, constant lines of part create a fuzzy effect and it’s quite annoying, those arches are also not equal, they look weird because they’re the same size and basically not wrapped around the arch. For a beginner this is very good! Honestly, whenever I make a realistic kind of build I try to replicate it 1:1 imitating any detail that it might have, this ends up in very good builds! One last thing, concrete does not fit this build, use slate or any other.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try that next time I make something similar!

1 Like

i like the structure a lot. all it needs is an interior. maybe that classic circular bleachers look going all the way around with an open area in the center for shows and stuff (that’s just what i think of when i think “colosseum”). not sure if that’s part of what you were commissioned to do, but if so, its an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I am planning on making an interior, but I’m still waiting on a response from the person who hired me, as I’m not sure whether or not they want one.

1 Like

Wow, this is next level, I’m blown away by the detail, and its a lot stunning with the lightning, lol

1 Like

The picture with lighting looks way more realistic, but I’m worried that the shadows will make it harder to see in certain places. Did you use Shadowmap? Voxel cuts down the shadows.

1 Like

Thank you, but it really isn’t that great lol, I’m very new to building.

Yeah, the second picture uses shadowmap.

I think you should try Voxel and send a pic.

1 Like

But the details are there, by the fact of the build.

Well keep it up bro

1 Like

I disagree I think concrete is best, slate is horrible (in my opinion) and I wouldn’t shed a tear if Roblox decided to remove it.

1 Like

I completely agree, I agreed with the remainder of chris’ reply but I think concrete does suit this build.

This is the build with Voxel.

1 Like

Is there an entrance, and also could I get a pic from inside?

1 Like

There’s currently no interior or entrance, but like I said whilst replying to BlueViolet7’s comment, I’m waiting on a reply from the person who hired me before I make a start on the interior, as I’m not quite sure whether or not they want one, and if they do, how they want it done.

Slate is horrible for some cases, in this case slate wouldn’t be a bad idea since it’s an old styled build, concrete simply does not say old and doesn’t match it, at least another texture would do better than concrete.

1 Like

I understand by old style but slate makes everything look like something from Roblox in 2009 not ancient Rome.

1 Like