Coloured Textures

I want to be able to quickly change the colour of imported textures similar to how you can with the new material service, you can import your own texture, and alter the colour. This is really useful for making tweaks to the colour on the fly by importing a greyscaled texture.

Under the ‘SurfaceAppearance’ object there’s no option to do this so would like an answer as to if this is possible or not. Thanks!

my example would be making the leaves a lighter green or whatever colour.

4 Likes

This is a feature developers have wanted for a long while now but Roblox still hasn’t added it to Studio. The only official update about it is that “they’re aware of the request”.

Being able to recolor SurfaceAppearance instances would be useful; At the moment, the only thing you can do relating to changing colors with them is to use the SurfaceAppearance as an overlay texture and make parts of it transparent, which could be recolored by changing the MeshPart’s brick color, but that wouldn’t work for anything else, like changing the color of leaves.

(Also, nice tree. I like seeing trees that aren’t low-poly blobs without textures.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.