Colt 1911 Model

I modeled this recently. It’s more for my own personal use, so some aspects may look a bit off.

9 Likes

Looks really good. The texture could be a bit better.

1 Like

I don’t know how to texture. I just use the default roblox materials.

1 Like

search up CC0 textures, they are free textures to use and they are pretty realistic

2 Likes

I’ll take that into mind, but I prefer using roblox materials still. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

alright no problem, roblox materials can be useful too, not useless.

1 Like

I know. Still, thanks for the information either way.

1 Like

Love the attention to detail! In the pictures I can’t tell if it’s really big or to size, would it be fine if you posted another screenshot of it next to a dummy?

Other than that, I generated some feedback for you:

• The little two blackish grey circles look flat, and on an actual Colt 1911 they have a little line indentation. If I recall correctly, they’re screws.
  • The safety grip part (the little cylinder behind the trigger) of the model is a little weird looking. It looks like it comes out too far.
  • All the little details seem to blend together because of the colors you chose. It’d stand out much more if you made some parts lighter and possibly some darker.

Good work!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I was planning to make some parts darker and lighter, but I was too lazy to do that anyways. Sorry for the late response. Post cooldown.

1 Like

I really think that the best way to fix this model is by changing up the colors/material (thinking you are using what is provided by roblox).
For the brown part on the colt I suggest making the color darker and making the material wooden.
I also noticed that the metal parts of the colt 1911 are reflective, perhaps make it a less smoky grey and make it way more black! I’d love to see the final outcome with all the feedback you receive on the forum. Good luck.