Combining assets and scripts with risking theft

Yo!
Im fairly new to development, and Im curious as to if it is possible to have my staff develop their builds, gui, vfx etc and for me to take all their work and combine it in a separate place, without risking asset theft from anybody. And how i would come about doing that with little to no experience. Im not sure how clear I am with my question. Please let me know.

1 Like

This doesn’t belong in #help-and-feedback:cool-creations.

2 Likes

oh wow! sorry i didnt mean to do that!

It’s fine, don’t worry about it. A staff member may move it.

Your best shot is inviting all of them into one team create, where they can store builds. If you cant trust your developers with even that, then i recommend you find some new ones that are more trustworthy. You could also use 3rd party sources to transfer (the .rbxl or .rbxm) files, but that may not be as safe depending on if the file is publicly visible or not.

No this just makes zero sense to do this. You really want your trusted devs to work together in the main place that way all the main server systems, assets, and functions can be added in, and if there are any bugs your dev team can solve them.

If you don’t trust your co devs then don’t hire or ask them to help you. Team create cannot be accessed by anyone but you and your co devs so it comes down to if you can trust your co devs.

Studio is highly secure so only you and whoever you invite can get into it.

Also if your assets get stolen you are protected by copyright laws. The client gets a copy of your game when you join the game so exploiters can steal your map but not functional systems. Most stolen games get banned or just die.

Let me know if you have any extra questions. :grinning:

Regards,
Aura

2 Likes

i didnt know i was protected by copyright claim, thanks !

1 Like