Come test my game!

I’m working on a story game, it’s pretty short right now but I need to test it with multiple people in a game. If anyone can grab 1 - 3 friends, test out a game and let me know how it goes. I’m looking for players playing in a group, just seeing if everything is understandable and everything made is functional in a multiplayer group. The game ends right now on the second day when you wake up, let me know if everything is functional and interesting, any bugs you come across and what you think of the game.

2 Likes

Bugs:

• Even during the cutscene where you’re asleep in your bed, you can still click the bed and it will say “I’m not tired yet.” Maybe it would be better for the bed to not be interactable if you can only sleep when the game forces you to.
  • If you stand in the doorway of a hotel room that’s not yours, closing the door will push you past the barrier and into the room.
  • When you’re in your room while the door is closed, you can press into the door and aim your camera in a certain way and you’ll have the ability to open it. If you’re meant to be able to leave your room after you wake up, you should probably make the door easier to click from the inside. Otherwise, this behaviour might have to be prevented.

Other thoughts:

• There’s a random grey part on the bed in room 6 of the hotel and a rig standing on the bed in one of the other hotel rooms.
  • What era are you trying to emulate with this game? It has somewhat of a noir aesthetic which would suggest it’s set in the 40s or 50s (at least to me), but there’s a Game Boy in each room which didn’t exist until the late 80s.
2 Likes

I wasn’t able to genuinely test the game today (I have very few friends :(((), but i feel like the lobby could use some sprucing up, such as animating the NPCS and such.

2 Likes