COMI's Next Season Update

Hiya! I’m Kampa, the short-tempered person who makes BFDI games which are NOT roleplay games! You’re probably familiar with my game BFDI: Challengers of Minigame Island- eh who am I kidding, I literally posted this as a group shout.

Anyways. Originally, BFDI: Challengers of Minigame Island 2 was supposed to come out, decked out with an entirely new mechanic similar to games like WarioWare. Although, unfortunately, lack of motivation has occured. And in general, I just couldn’t find any joy in working on COMI 2 again. So I scrapped it.

And since COMI 2 was cancelled, I might as well get back to the first COMI game. It’s way more popular anyways.

To put you all up to speed, Golf Ball and her Bossy Bot 2763 has retreated for now, but you may encounter her soon enough. Something is definitely up with her, I’m sure. Oh well, we can just tackle that next year. And we’ll all probably be geared up by then, give it time.

Anyways, you’re here for the next update, right? I’d like to welcome you all back to BFDI: Challengers of Minigame Island with the NEXT SEASON UPDATE!!!

The game will be going through a massive revamp soon! I can’t wait for you all to finally play it and the new and improved minigames!

When will it come out?
IDK. But hopefully later this month. No promises!

What version is it?
Version 6.0.0 !!! Despite the massive revamp, I’m counting this as a new update. Therefore, I am not putting the version number back to 1.0, mostly to avoid confusion.

Oh great, Kampa is updating his game again. What data will I lose now?
Everything, I’m afraid. That’s because the save system has been revamped entirely. Should hopefully reduce the datastores being overloaded with SetAsyncs and stuff.

Will it still be buggy?
I made the system all by myself; PLEASE expect bugs.

How many minigames will there be once the update launches?
Best case scenario, there will be around 20 unique minigames. Worst case scenario, there will be 10 unique minigames or less. It depends on my mood to be honest.

Any new pets and morphs for me to collect?
Morphs, yeah. As for pets, I am still confused on how the GUIs stopped displaying pets at all. For the time being, the pets will be added back in a future update. Until then, have fun collecting all those morphs! DO NOT ASK ME TO MAKE THE MORPHS FREE.

Are you still going to work on BFRP?
I’ll work on it once I actually get the hang of game dev in general. BFRP felt way too ambitious for my skill level at the time, even now. However, I am also working to expand the BFDI: KampaKollection. Give those a shot if I do release them. There might be some badges in those games which give you exclusive perks in this game specifically.

Do you have a set schedule for working on this game?
No.

Will the Golf Ball boss show up?
As I said earlier, she has retreated for now. She’ll come back, just not right now.

What will happen if the new update affects the door badge?
That’ll be that. If the new morph system patches out the floating morph glitch, then the door can no longer be accessed. If you want to get a lore badge, then best do it now while the update isn’t live yet.

Will anything happen to those Robloxian OCs?
Thomas will still be there teaching you about badges and how to get them. As for Jake and Gina, due to the lack of pets, there won’t be anything to clone. So they’re closed for now. As for Tiffany, they have closed down the bakery to apply some renovations, local rumors involve them working together with a certain jelly character.

Can you add [NEW THING]?
Give it time.

Is PurpleBux still relevant?
Yes, you can still trade them for morphs. However, Shards will be getting an update in how they work. Not specifying yet though.

Just wondering, do you have a teaser that you can share right now?
Yes actually! This teaser contains the new UI for the game. Also the new ending sequence. Quite a big improvement if I do say so myself. All made by me BTW!

Got any more things to say?
Watch ObjectCon 2023 next year when it goes live.

Well that’s all I can share for now. See ya soon!

3 Likes