Commission For Passes Marketplace Event sometimes doesn't send proper Result

Hey, We are the owners of the game PLS BUY ME : PLS BUY ME đź’¸ - Roblox

In our game, players buy cards from each other using Robux. To sell a card, the seller needs to attach a gamepass from one of their games to it.

Occasionally, players report not receiving the card after making a purchase. We have a robust system for tracking Robux purchases to investigate these issues. Whenever we get a report, we find that the player did buy the game pass, but our game received a false signal indicating the purchase wasn’t successful.

This problem occurs very rarely, only about 0.01% of the time, but it’s incredibly frustrating because we can’t verify if the player is being truthful. Unfortunately, Roblox doesn’t provide us with a way to confirm purchases of Commission made within our game, and the Group Sales of Goods History doesn’t show commissions.

Here is a very simplified Example on how we Record our Transactions From the Marketplace to know if the player completed the purchase.

MarketplaceService.PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished:Connect(function(player, purchasedPassID, purchaseSuccess)
	if purchaseSuccess == true then
		-- PROCESS CARD PURCHASE NORMALLY
	else
		if PurchasingCard[player] then
			-- RECORD THAT THE PLAYER PRESSED CANCEL FOR THAT CARD PURCHASE WITH THE ALL THE NESSESARY INFORMATIONS
		end
	end
end)

Expected behavior

The MarketplaceService.PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished Should always return the Proper Value for the purchaseSuccess Variable.
99.99% of the time its good, But the 0.01% is Extremly Frustrating for the Payers and us.

In a Normal game it doesnt matter since we can always verify if the Player own the Gamepass, but in our game its Extremly different since players can sell multiples things with the same Gamepass and we are not the Gamepass owner.
Also, when a player is selling more then one Card with the same gamepass, people Buy it, Delete the gamepass and buy the Item again. So Its Extremly Important that the MarketplaceService Event return the Right Value for us.

I want to add that Each time a player reported that problem, it was always with a Gamepass. It never happened with any other Comission products

Edit : I just got a new report for the same issue and the player received that Error message and still got charged

3 Likes

We are running into this issue in KohaĂş Hibachi Restaurant. Our handling of gamepass purchases in-game uses the same event as above:

MarketplaceService.PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished:Connect(function(player: Player, passId: number, wasPurchased: boolean)
    if wasPurchased then
        -- handle purchase
    end
end)

It’s hard to tell when this issue started occurring but it appears to be fairly recent (our first report of it was at the start of February).

We have also noted that the problems have only occurred for gamepasses so far, and not other assets such as t-shirts. This means the event that handles those purchases (MarketplaceService.PromptPurchaseFinished) appears to be working as expected.

We haven’t been sure if the event is simply not firing at all, or if the wasPurchased parameter is simply false when it should be true. It doesn’t happen frequently enough for us to test both of these outcomes.

We have verified with the individuals who purchased gamepasses within our game that the Robux was taken out of their account and went to the creator’s “Pending Robux”, but the game did not recognize the purchase. We can provide evidence of these individual cases if necessary.

We’re not alone - many members of the popular PLS DONATE community are experiencing this issue too, as they have reported in their Discord server over the past few days.

We spent quite a while debugging this and we can’t find anything we’re doing wrong. We are also reassured that this is indeed a Roblox bug from seeing the other experiences who are running into this bug too.

2 Likes

We just noticed that people that are having that problem, noticed that the Seller Received 70% of the Purchase instead of 60%, Meaning that our game probably never received the 10%.

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hey! Really late response but regarding this:

I work as a Community Manager at PLS DONATE and this issue also occurs there [even to this day]. People often buy a gamepass and the purchase is confirmed and processed but the effect never plays, registers or displays in-game. But additionally, the player still only receives 60% instead of 70%.

1 Like