[Common] Team Create Glitch

The past few days Team Create has been acting funky. Both my scripter and I cannot load into the game’s Studio TC. Here is a series of images explaining exactly what happens when I click edit on the develop page.

Launching it directly from studio has worked 1/10 times. Hopefully there is a reason for this bug and it can be fixed soon. I also noticed RC has been in beta for quite some time now. I think once they fix this bug TC could be official.

2 Likes

Do you have any messages in the Output window? Is your connection stable?

1 Like

I’m getting identical symptoms. It’s throwing this error in the output window and logs:

25.10.2016 16:45:49.55880 (3.3122319)Log "Deserialize Packets Thread"
16:45:49.55880 (3.3122319) Error:   Error while processing packet.
16:45:49.55880 (3.3122319) Warning: Error while processing packet: BitStream >> std::string: Bad string length: 1368376400, bit pos: 143 (packet id: 131, packet length: 57)
25.10.2016 16:45:49.55880 (3.3122319)End Log

My connection is rock solid.

@Kmansong2 @Fractality_alt Does this happen every time you open the game? Can you provide links for the games where it happens? Do you know when it started happening?

1 Like

It happens sporadically across all games that I’ve tried, particularly when people are already in the TC server.
I don’t use TC enough to provide a good timeframe of when it started. I first noticed it last week.

What version of Studio are you on? Does it still happen?

Last it happened was earlier today, and studio hasn’t updated since. 0.265.0.90222

Do you have any TerrainRegions or Scripts with >5000 or so lines?

Neither, but lots of terrain in both places it happened on

Can you send me the place so I can check it out?

It happens on all versions of studio on any team create game. It also effects all Team Create members whitelisted into that individual game. I have also replicated this bug over 50 times in the past 3 months. If you need more information let me know.

I have perfect connection and I can’t check the output because in game studio does no load.

I’ve tested this and it doesn’t seem to matter what content is in the game. This has been replicated in an empty game and in a full game.

Can you send me a recording of what’s happening? Preferably with the output window open as well. Can you also send any logs you have from the session that fails to connect?

Next time it occurs I’ll try to catch it.

Here is the output:

1 Like

You should upload the logs as well. The output here really only confirms the fact that it did indeed fail. I’ve been hearing complaints from my build team regarding this as well. I’ll see if they can send me logs when it happens again.

1 Like

Closing out this old report since it may no longer be relevant. (The issue is reported on a very old build of Studio.)

Please file a new bug report via the bug report form if this issue reoccurs!