[Common Virus Cleanup Plugin]

A Updated version of this is out!

Link: [UPDATED Common Virus Detector] MightTea Cleaner 2

Hello, I recently got hired as scripter for a game and I quickly realized that this game was infested with multiple viruses. I tried to delete the scripts manually, but I never seem the get rid of them all. So I wrote a plugin, which basically checks the entire game for any form of scripts, it then tries to analyze the scripts source and deletes it.

demo1

I realized analyzing the scripts source and coming to the conclusion of it being infected might not be the best idea. So when analyzing, my plugin searches for specific information and rank the scripts priority based on that information. Each script is then displayed onto the plugins scan results window from highest priority (Which you can make the plugin automatically delete) to lowest priority (scripts that the plugin didn’t find any form of virus in).

You can then left click on any of the buttons, which will then select that script in your game and open it up inside of a new script window.

I decided to upload this plugin for public use because I’ve seen of multiple recent posts about the same virus that infected the game i’m working on. Please note that I developed this plugin with the mindset of detecting that specific virus and multiple other common viruses. If you do use this, I would gladly appreciate any feedback on it, Thank you.

You could get the plugin from here

29 Likes

I love how this is like those Android cleanups.

6 Likes

The UI is beautiful! Good job.

2 Likes

I’ve always been awful with UI’s, So that means i’m improving :smiley: , Thank you!

3 Likes

UI looks nice. I will try it. (30 chars)

1 Like

To test this plugin out, I got a load of viruses from the toolbox.

It ended up working great. It knew that all the viruses were viruses. Recommend 10/10 XD.

Great job @MightTea!

3 Likes

@MightTea I ended up finding a problem out. So, I had this Chat Tags script and it came up as:

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 5.02.57 pm

Is there anyway to bypass this? :thinking:

1 Like

No scripts are deleted without your permission unless you have auto delete selected, Which auto delete only deletes script with a high priority. To see scripts with high priorities, run a scan with Auto Delete Off and those that have a status “!High Priority!” are the ones that will be automatically deleted when Auto Delete is On. Simply just don’t do anything to it, and you script will not be affected. Would you be interested in a feature to hide scripts? For example when you run your first scan, you could hide a script that isn’t a virus but was detected as one, and for the rest of the studio session, that script would not be shown in the results window.

2 Likes

Hide Scripts sounds like a very useful feature!

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I loved the plugin loved the Ui but what does Manual action needed mean I always get it when I scan. It also says it to the codes I wrote myself.

I normally ask this question on virus detector posts, just out of curiosity of how reliable your detector is.

May you just tell us a bit about the checks your plugin carries out to try and identify if a script is a virus and do you think its powerful enough to detect newer forms of viruses that may come about in the months to come.

I’ll be re-working almost the entire plugin, It was late when I programmed it so now realized that I didn’t implement a lot of features. I’ll be working on scanning individual models, An ignore list as you requested and a bunch of other basic things. I’ll try to finish this as soon as possible

1 Like

I personally don’t know how other anti viruses detect viruses, but what I decided to go for a ranking the scripts chance of being a virus, firstly the plugin checks if the script has any suspicious names, for example “virus”, "%free% etc. It then proceeds to look for suspicious stuff within the scripts source its self, for example if the scripts source has a while loop/for loop and tries to call the clone() function, and was detected for having a virus name, it’ll be consider a virus (I also return scripts with virus names as viruses so you can check them out yourself for extra security). There’s also other common things the plugin check for based on virus scripts I found in toolbox.

Secondly if the script uses InsertService and broke any of the rules I implemented above, It’s instantly detected as high priority virus, that’s why a lot of your scripts may be detected as viruses. I’ll be re-working this framework though. So it no longer bases on that the script requires InsertService, but I would let it check that specific item it tries to insert and decide whether or not it’s a virus.

1 Like

Great design & great job! This will help out so many beginner devs that don’t know about viruses

3 Likes

I’ve updated the plugin! Check out new thread about it