"Community Creations" category not visible

Reproduction Steps

Visit the catalog, check on the left side tab, there is no “Community Creation” tab. This might only be for me as other devs say they still have it visible.

Expected Behavior

The community creations category will not be visible

Actual Behavior

Screenshot 2022-07-17 190621

Workaround

I can use “ugc.works/Disored” to access my UGC items but not to view recently updated ugc, best selling ugc and etc by all other creators.

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-07-15 00:07:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-07-17 00:07:00 (-04:00)

10 Likes

it’s the same for me

Capture

1 Like

I feel like this was intentional.
The category made sense when UGC accessories were new and Roblox wanted to highlight the works of other creators, instead of their own.

With more asset types (e.g. layered clothing) rolling out to UGC and Roblox shifting the Catalog over to be entirely UGC-driven, planning to eventually open up all avatar asset types to UGC (besides gear), it makes sense to remove it.

Layered clothing wasn’t ever added to the category anyway, and adding it would just make it a mess.

5 Likes

:0

I hope this wasn’t intentional. I still find it very useful when looking at new accessories in the catalog. There’s no good reason to remove categories like this, as it’s fairly difficult to find an accessory in the catalog and community creations helped ease the burden a bit.

4 Likes

Is there any update on this? The tab was re-activated for about a week but has just been hidden now. Is this permanent?

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.