Concerns about Gambling TOS and Lottery

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I have made a lottery system where a user pays 10 robux for a devproduct, it is then processed and picked at random, there’s a 1 in 50 chance the user will receive 10,000 Lucky Bucks (in game currency) which can be used to buy some other things ingame (that can also be bought with robux).

Is this allowed? I was unable to find a clear answer when searching online. Also if not allowed, would giving 100 lucky bucks as participation be a loop hole?

I thought this would be a fun way for players to test their luck at hitting the jackpot for 10,000 lucky bucks, which is a pretty reasonable chance (1 in 50)

4 Likes

If the user pays 10 robux to get nothing at all, its kind of a scam, when you said that it is possible to get 10k lucky blocks. maybe have 50 different items each with 1/50 chance, some being ok, some being good

1 Like

It’s lucky bucks which is an in-game currency not a lucky block, maybe it gives a random number between 50 and 200 lucky bucks if you don’t win?

3 Likes

I think it would be better if you had a devproduct that allowed you to buy in-game currency which can them be gambled. Strait up roblox for gambling I dont think is allowed.

1 Like

still, if they get that, and gamble it away, they are losing robux from this scam and they are also gambling so it wouldn’t be allowed.

i guess, if you gave nothing and lucky bucks could be bought with robux it could be kinda scammy

1 Like

You need to do 2 things when it comes to lotteries or gambling.

1. Clearly state all odds.
  2. Have no way to lose.

If you buy the product and get nothing, its not allowed, but if you get some small amount of lucky bucks, you’d be fine.
You also need to state the odds of winning for every win. So an example would be like 45% Common, 25% Uncommon, 15% Rare, 10% Epic, 5% Legendary.

1 Like

Well it’s not like a crate, I’d just be giving them 100 LB instead of 10,000 LB if they didn’t win, and it states the odds are 1 in 50 at the top too, (which they are)

It was just an example of stating the odds, you’d need to tell them specifically that you have a 2% chance to get 10k, and a 98% chance to get 100.

1 Like