Concertina Instrument

(I’m not entirely sure if this is the right section, feel free to delete/disable this post if it is in the wrong one).

Hello lads and lasses,

I was wondering on how about to go about making an animated Concertina. I’ve tried rope constrains but it was a disaster (should of saw that coming) and also have tried rigging (but I wasn’t entirely certain on rigging everything since there is quite a few parts).

What would be the best way to go about it?

What it looks like at the moment:
https://gyazo.com/d8a678eaf6d84ce3f89b234bef99a76b

I’m sorry that I can’t really help you as I don’t know much about that, but it looks good so far. But, are you trying to use an NPC to play the instrument?

Yes, currently I am. Until I get all the animations and stuff does, I’ll be using an NPC before converting it into a tool for players to use.

I’m not entirely sure how you currently have it set up, but if you get the middle part as a mesh part then you could scale it along one axis to get a similar effect. You wouldn’t get any bending, but this is just a simple idea - maybe not the best.

1 Like

To be honest @General_Scripter, I may have to do that idea. Preferably for the fact of reduced lag and a lot more simpler. Thanks for your help.