Concrete Update

We have shipped an update to Concrete material last night.

The update was meant to switch the material to use textures that are compatible with the tile breaking method we use to reduce the amount of periodic tiling you see far away (which other materials, like cobblestone, woodplanks and brick, already use).

It appears that the texture update went a bit too far though and introduced extra dark “patches” for the texture, which unintentionally made some games that relied on concrete look worse.

We will revert the update to Concrete next week. Sorry about the confusion.

EDIT: Concrete has been reverted. Thank you for your patience.

65 Likes

I was okay with the concrete change ;0. Looked awesome in one of my older showcases.

6 Likes

thanks for the info ; just remember do not change the look of materials so much ; but especially never the overall brightness …which is actually not that tragical ones color3 is fully useable

1 Like

I know that @Sofloann didn’t like it.

1 Like

its looking like sponge, good think that its being reverted back !

I also think instead of changing a material that is liked and been used for a while now, there should be “NEW” materials , like another concrete for exemple.

10 Likes

Could you not just ship it as a new testing material and put a notification or something that this material is temporary/beta?

That way we could see some of the new materials you have, give feedback on them and let you know of any problems or uses they may have.

2 Likes

Yeah, we did this with brick & woodplanks, but the change to concrete was not expected to actually visibly change it :slight_smile:

We should have known better though. Next time we update any materials we’ll post a devforum post with the screenshots from up close & far away.

6 Likes

Although it looks a bit like moldy cheese, I can happily say that it does indeed look pretty rad… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Metal material looks like it’s tiling weird too, is anything releasing to fix this?

3 Likes

Instead of replacing old textures, can we add them on new textures so we have both as options?

6 Likes

I brought this up once before. It might be a possible solution to the problem of new textures:

61 Likes

thats actually pretty neat (:

5 Likes

That’s great. Of course, might get a bit weird looking if they start adding more materials. But the visual display of them is really helpful.

3 Likes

Thanks, its just a concept, but I really hope roblox considers using this idea.

3 Likes

In case it wasn’t obvious, I based it off the current color pallet to both; show more textures, and keep it similar to the style, rather than the annoying top down material selection.
9c60273da9796aa69d9eaac5ef0de8c94c9fd1ac.png

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.