Configure Assets in Studio!

• In the update existing asset page, when I switch between groups/myself in the owner dropdown, if I change the owner before the previous page of assets has loaded, and the previous page has many more assets than the new page, then the new page will load before the first page loads, and then the previous page will load over top of the more recently selected page. This results in an an incorrectly displayed list of assets for the selected owner.

• I cannot scroll to see all of my assets.

• I frequently upload and update assets to the same group. Waiting for the default page of assets to load, navigating to the bottom of the dropdown list to the group, and then waiting also for those assets to load is a big time sink. It would be nice if my my most recent selection was remembered and recalled when the window is reopened.

• The icons are huge, especially considering the size of the rest of studio UI. Only eight assets fit on a page. This makes it hard to find what Iā€™m looking for in a large list.

• When updating with a large model, after selecting the asset I want to update and clicking ā€œsubmitā€, studio freezes for about two seconds and the page continues to remain unchanged for another 8-15 seconds. There is no feedback that anything is in progress. Also Iā€™m pretty sure once I saw the asset updated multiple times when I clicked submit multiple times; it may be doing this every time.

• Saving new assets is simplified because the window assumes by default this is the desired action. However, compared to the previous version, there are five keystrokes required to overwrite assets (Overwrite existing asset, select group (x2), click asset, submit) compared to three before (select group (x2), click asset). ā€œOverwrite existing assetā€¦ā€ and ā€œSubmitā€ were added. This time sink would be alleviated with a plugin API to update assets directly instead of only being able to prompt this window.
5 Likes

This is super useful. Hopefully the ā€˜Createā€™ tab on the website is overhauled soon, any news on that?

Not sure if anyone else was having this issue, but I am unable to fully scroll to see all my assets. This does get in the way as there are assets I must frequently update, which I cannot access right now.

5 Likes

This is handy. Was kinda hoping itā€™d apply to animations as well, but as far as i can see that isnā€™t the case.

On top of the scrolling issue, Iā€™ve also noticed that when reverting to older versions of my existing models, the model itself will update but the thumbnail wonā€™t. However, updating an existing model with a new model does appear to update the thumbnail (or at least show a pending approval image). Hereā€™s an example of the thumbnail not updating to show the reverted version: chrome_2019-08-17_13-23-24 RobloxStudioBeta_2019-08-17_13-23-30

The thumbnail screenshot is from Chrome, but it appears the same way in Studio, even after relaunching the program.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.