Connect and Learn with Roblox Staff Live!

Hey Creators!

We are excited to announce our first-of-its-kind livestream event, where one of Roblox’s principal designers will be teaching cool concepts and tips about building worlds on Roblox. In this stream, you’ll learn how to use parts, meshes, materials, and terrain to bring your experience’s environment to life. The “Intro to World Building” event happens May 14th, so register on the Creator Events site!

We also have more streams planned for the upcoming month:

• Intro to Physics in the Roblox Engine
  • Intro to Geometry in the Roblox Engine
  • Box Modeling in Blender

In the meantime, let us know what you want to see or learn about in future events. We can’t promise we can get to every topic, but we’ll do our best to get to the ones that look useful and popular! If you haven’t already, head over to the Creator Events page for more content from the rest of the community.

Happy creating!

68 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Seems cool, I just might attend if I have time. :eyes:

4 Likes

Will a recording of the livestream be posted online later?

2 Likes

Yes, we will post a recording on our Youtube Channel and on the Creator Events platform itself.

12 Likes

This is really cool to see! Thanks for posting recordings to YouTube too - that works better for me. Curious to see what it looks like :slight_smile:

Are there any plans to go beyond introductory material with Roblox Staff Live?

2 Likes

We absolutely intend to do in-depth content , but we had to start somewhere that made sense :smile: .

6 Likes

I’m terrible at Studio physics so you’ll probably see me there :v:

On another note it’s cool to hear that there will be a recording of the event since of well… timezones.

3 Likes

Definitely registering!!! I desperately need help with terrain so hopefully there will be some advice that will be invaluable to me there!

3 Likes

I’ll be interested in attending, although… Will we be able to, and what ways will we be able to interact with the presenter?

3 Likes

I would prefer not giving out my email to a third party. I was going to attend but I don’t want to give out that data.

3 Likes

Think rationally and make a new email. :eagle:

And besides, they can view you’re email within the Control Panel.

2 Likes

You will be able to interact on chat throughout the stream, and there will be some allotted time after the stream for a more formal Q&A.

2 Likes

Sounds rad, might watch it or a recording.

2 Likes

Did you even try to attend? Yes, Roblox can view it, but this third party cannot, unless I sign up. The third party also requires the use of the email on my Roblox account, meaning I cannot use a separate one.

3 Likes

I don’t want to be a pain, but being able to create a nice universe on Roblox Studio without using other software will be very, very hard for a beginner, who will generally take freemodels or 3D models made by other people, without knowing whether they have the right permissions or not. I hope this livestream won’t encourage us to use AI to create anything for our “World Building”.
I hope you’ll teach us the artisan way!

3 Likes