Connecting a mobile app with Roblox studio?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Send data from a mobile app to the Roblox Studio/Roblox game (NFCs)

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I have no idea on how I should start, what I should do or etc.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    Well, I have found this, but I also found this old mobile app, and this gives me hope that it‘s still possible to do . However, it‘s not totally doing what I would like and got shut down some years ago. I would like to use the same method it used, tho

I have been offline from any Roblox related developement for months now, and I am thinking to possibly come back soon. I was thinking to create a mobile app to test any possibility to use mobile features with Roblox Studio. I still can remember this app from Roblox being around some years ago, and then got removed. I would like to use the same concepts, but to do another thing (aka: I would like to connect the app with Roblox Studio, but my objective is to send data from the mobile app to the Roblox game). Any thoughts?

P.S.: If you still aren‘t understanding what I would like to do: I would like to use NFCs. Would that against the ToS, after what recently happened with adpot me selling NFTs?

If you still have any questions (or don‘t understand my question, wich happens lots of time…) feel free to ask or just reply to this topic.

Greetings!

~ Frosty

Weblinking is your best bet, like said in that NFC post there isnt any API documentation for such :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Would you please elaborate? What do you mean by „weblinking“? Communication with servers?

HttpService.

1 Like

I have an idea!

You need to use HttpService like @Ripxff said to link your game to a website that has a nfc scanner. Basically you make a website that requires permission to the camera, the players need to open the website in their browser and then start up roblox with the website still opened. When they are in your game, the website should be open and the camera turned on. When they scan the nfc through the camera, the website running in the background picks it up and sends the info from it into the game with HttpServce and the game does what it does depending on the nfc scanned.

Look out though, you might get moderated for a few reasons:

• Using a website not permitted by roblox
  • Selling irl things to use in your game
  • Requiring the camera (aka taking personal information)
1 Like

Thank for your answer! I still have some further questions about (sorry if I will sound rude sometimes or just dumb, but I really want to understand everything I can)

Arent there educational websites, like Lua Learning - Roblox from boatbomber?

And adopt me with their merchandise? Before the whole NFT thing, they sold some peluches with some code that you could use in-game, what would be the different with optionally selling NFCs thing?

NFC dosen‘t need any camera (I don‘t think so?) Like some toys-to-life game back in the days (lego dimensions, skylanders, etc…). My idea is to make some figurine that, by placing it on top of the phone, sends information to the Roblox Studio game.

Sounds kinda impossible, but would be a cool and funny experiment to make.

I haven’t thought of this, you could ask roblox or risk it I guess.

I didn’t know of anything they sold other than nft, I might be wrong but I think they got stopped: Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

Ok, that was just stupidity on my part. I forgot how they worked and thought the device needed to see them to scan them. Go right ahead then!

So far it sounds like the hardest part is making the website and moderation.

1 Like

Well, if thats possible, then I will try. Thank you for your help

1 Like

Your welcome! I’ll make sure to try the game too, it sounds fun already!

1 Like

Just have thought about: How should I contact them about? Via help team or anything else? I am not the best on to know about those things.

I’m not good with these things either. Probably help team.

1 Like