Consistent lag spiking in studio

I wouldnā€™t say so just yet, my AMD drivers turned out to be bugged out, so Iā€™m currently reinstalling, Iā€™ll tell you if it still happens afterwards.

Also it only appears to be a couple people right now, not sure if thatā€™s worth making it Roblox critical yet.

2 Likes

yup, Iā€™m also getting this issue, Iā€™m getting amazing fps drops toā€¦ 0 fps.

Yeah no, reinstalling my graphics drivers did nothing, although it was bugged out so I guess thatā€™s good.

I encountered this issue earlier in Studio, on MacOS. Nothing seems smooth until a few seconds into the session.

1 Like

Think this should be ROBLOXCRITICAL by now, it seems to have impacted more people and a few developers of mine also are having issues with this now.

2 Likes

@DevEngagementTeam has been notified, given Iā€™m not 100% sure yet.

Edit: I highly doubt this has the severity needed to make it ROBLOXCRITICAL. Though I still think itā€™s worth waiting for a response.

yeah, because a lot of my developer friends are experiencing this, including me, Iā€™m getting fps drops to 0 FPS.

DxDiag.txt (161.0 KB)

z e r o f p s

Iā€™m also getting these issues. My studio will run at 20-30 FPS in Play Solo but in game it runs at 60 FPS.

Just a quick thing, but the issue seems to be tied to certain plugin widgets acting up. Can anybody here confirm that the issue is related?

I also managed to fix my issue by disabling a plugin which kept track of time for me, normally it doesnā€™t cause any issues but since yesterday it caused my studio to lag somehow.

May I ask which plugin that was? I have a variety of plugins.

Itā€™s hyperlinked, just click the word, ā€œpluginā€

Hm, I donā€™t seem to have that one.

It seems to be linked to other plugins including this one here:

2 Likes

For me the issue was fixed when I made this plugin inactive in Roblox Studio:

Seems to be an issue related to some features some plugins use.

1 Like

Happening here too, studio instances opened before this started happening seem okay, just new studio instances are extremely laggy, not responding constantly

This really should be RobloxCritical huh

Sorry, it looks like we made plugin:Get/SetSetting lock up Studio until the operation was completed. The two plugins linked were both querying/setting settings every second or so.

We have turned the offending flag off. Can you confirm the issue is fixed after a Studio restart?

This is not ROBLOXCRITICAL :slight_smile: Please review Proper use of "ROBLOXCRITICAL" in Bug Reports

10 Likes

Seems like that has fixed it, thanks!

Yes, it is now fixed. Thank you!

thank you, this fixed it! now I do not need to develop at 0fps!

cough image

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.